No announcement yet.

dont worry, it's YAOMGWBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again Safari shows it's not ready for the real world.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
      now it shows up on posts with over 150 words
      Don't you know that torture is illegal!
      Blah

Comment

you people are never satisfied....
        At least you know your target audience.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Oh god. It didn't annoy me before but now it does. Can't you make it flow around the ad as if it was a right-aligned image? I hate the huge margin.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Your experiment is getting you a rep elsewhere...
            They have random ads in their posts too? And loads of popups?

You know, I've never been as glad work blocks gaming sites as I have been once I found out Poly sucked that much.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• To be fair, Nair isn't cheap and Mark is Greek.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                Your experiment is getting you a rep elsewhere...
                it sounds like he needs some though IT guy blocking his access in order NOT to visit Apolyton.....

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                Can't you make it flow around the ad as if it was a right-aligned image? I hate the huge margin.
                and what about all those Safari users?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                  Can't you make it flow around the ad as if it was a right-aligned image? I hate the huge margin.
                  and what about all those Safari users?
                  Mozilla is the not-for-profit behind the lightning fast Firefox browser. We put people over profit to give everyone more power online.
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

• Firefox > Safari, as evidenced by this.

KHTML still is an immature rendering engine, needs a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                      Strange ads... do they get the text of the post and slap em in google? The iraq threads have stuff on iraq, the pakistan thread on muslim dating, this one has civ3 ads...
                      I think they work by scanning the text and then trying to find an appropriate ad from google. Since the context of the thread is not taken into consideration, some of the ads can be quite funny or insulting.

I noticed a ways back that a chunk of my spam email is generated the same way i.e. the titles will mention words I used here at poly.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Suggestion: Put ads on posts of less than 150 words rather than the other way around.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

ok, new layout used

OK Markos, it seems to work just fine now.

PS. Asher, you can go and pee your pants.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Ads in posts aren't a bad idea, especially if the money gained grom them means less pop ups.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• now it shows up on posts with over 150 words
                              Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader

a few more to make sure

Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader Nader

EDIT: Which, of course, led us to the incredibly relevant M003 patches ad. Markos, your advertiser uses Fez logic
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher

and if it get MrFun to leave, than I say let it fly!
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X