No announcement yet.

Young, fresh, ambitious, in massive debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was worth bending over for then, Asher?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm not in debt. I got a scholarship to where I am going. But people put themselves into debt when they go to hugely overpriced Third Tier Liberal Arts Colleges when they could go to a perfectly good State University.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
        English, Jam, English.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
          Jamski
          So this is the Jamski when he's not spreading his BGII-wisdom
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I won't be graduating with any debt. This is of course due to the fact that education is gruesomely cheap here.

I probably spend more on beer and similar crap than on schoolbooks, apartment, and anything else
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

That pretty much explains why Belgium is rather useless in the world.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

$20,000?

That would be heavenly.

By the time I graduate in June, I'll be in the neighborhood of $170,000.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                  By the time I graduate in June, I'll be in the neighborhood of $170,000.
                  This is ungodly. I don't even think I could make that much money in a decade.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He's going to be a Doctor, I think he'll manage.

Comment

On the contrary.

For the duration of my residency (3-4 years), I will be making around $36k, which is considerably below minimum wage when one considers the hours I will be working.

Once I'm done with residency, I will do much better; but I will also have the burden of malpractice insurance, in addition to whatever additional costs I haven't even conceived of yet. When one considers that pediatrics is the poorest-paid specialty in medicine, it will very likely be on the order of 20-30 years, at best, before my debt is paid off.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I owe ~30,000

~22,000 from undergrad

~8,000 because I have not been able to live within my means in grad school

I think I was just tired of doing nothing all the time, in undergrad I would do not do anything that cost money because I didn't have any, I would spend a hundred or so per semester on myself (food, housing and tuition were all payed for by scholarships, loans, and work that I did)

I think I need to get myself back under control now though

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yah, doctors don't make their money back for 10ish years

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            That pretty much explains why Belgium is rather useless in the world.
                            Well, Canadians can make Americans laugh at them, that's quite an achievement.
                            But you guys never make Americans get really pissed off, sissyboys!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              I'm going to graduate university debt-free and with $30,000 in my pocket. Possibly another $40,000-$50,000 if I get an internship position.
                              You live at your parent's house, most assuredly, and I suppose that they are also paying for your tuition.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

I really don't like articles that complain about ppl not being able to handle money and take an air that "it's not fair". What's not fair? That ppl are stupid? No it's not fair, but everyone has the same chance (mostly), and that is the only way to make it fair.
                                ** finds himself agreeing with Japher -- again **
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X