First Darwin and then Homos? Never!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    When did you decide women were more appealing than men?
    That was a joke, based on an old anti-drugs advert.... never mind...

Comment

What part of Boris's and Molly's intelligent refutations do you not understand?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Again... Let's discuss the issues and topic, and not just throw around personal insults.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming -- gay Apolytoners are used to being hurled ignorant, bigoted insults.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

MrFun: I apologise for my sarcastic remark about your debating skill. It was uncalled for.

Let's confront the issues instead. Which definition of 'gay' would you adhere to?

Comment

I think this is ridiculous of course, but I don't see how it would be against the constitution.

Lawrence v. Texas (IIRC) makes this law illegal. Then again, passing laws which are against a superceeding law seems to be in fashion these days .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                Ming -- gay Apolytoners are used to being hurled ignorant, bigoted insults.
                And so are most Americans here

It's ok for people to have an "opinoin"... it's ok to discuss the issues... but it seems like some people have a problem in how they express them.

Remember.. discuss the issues, not the posters. People will disagree... but that doesn't mean it's ok to start throwing around personal insults.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mr. Fun gets the best of both worlds... he's American and gay .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh

1. someone who is attracted to someone of the opposite sex.

2. someone who indulges in gay sex.

But I would say that a gay person can abstain from gay sex more easily than a drug addict can abstain from drugs. Wouldn't you?

Now, similarly pedophilia can be defined in two ways:

1. someone who is attracted to children.

2. someone who abuses children.

You know, I love it when people compare and contrast the sexuality and sex lives of lesbians and gay men with those of child molesters. Or the actions and relationships of drug addicts.

'...a gay person can abstain from gay sex MORE easily than a drug addict can abstain from drugs.'

You missed your calling. Psychology, with specific reference to human sexuality, is clearly your forte.

So, according to you, my sexuality is like an addiction, but a weaker addiction than a chemical dependency. Or my relationships with consenting adults are similar to the relationship between a junkie and their fix, and presumably their dealers or suppliers. Of course I'm not quite sure who the poppy farmers or coca growers are in the gay sexuality=chemical abuse equation, perhaps my parents, or Leakey's Lucy, who knows....

More to the point- why would I choose to abstain from having sex with another adult? If we were both of a similar mind, and consenting, I fail to see why you would assume either of us would wish to refrain from a perfectly natural normal human act.

Unless of course- it has something to do with religion?

Hmm- could it be - I wonder- something to do with your chosen faith?

Don't tell me, I think I understand- you chose your faith, and you can abstain from it any time you like, - just not yet.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by CorpusScorpius
                      Does this mean the individual turning in these people for breaking the law is a peeping tom & will be charged too.?Also, is it ok if its man on woman sodomy?
                      Man-on-woman is okay; he just has to like it really, really, REALLY rough, so that he punches through into her uterus.

As I understand Dayton law, at least. Which is to say not at all.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
                        Man-on-woman is okay; he just has to like it really, really, REALLY rough, so that he punches through into her uterus.
                        It is good to see a law protecting morality with such consistence
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

It's ok for people to have an "opinoin"..
                          Great! If only we knew what one was.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Even if it was the case that all gays were child molesters, it still wouldn't mean that gay sex between consenting adults was wrong any more than a heterosexual child molester having sex with an adult woman would be wrong.

So the child molesting stuff is at best irrelevant.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• It's an intentionally loaded analogy. As good as an insult really.
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Sure it is. But other than being insulting, it's irrelevant.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X