Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonds cheated. Strip him of home run record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again... how can he have cheated if there was no rule against it... How about we throw out the records for all the pitchers the cut the ball or used other substances... that is at least against the rules
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

We don't judge past conduct on the basis of what the rules are today. Ming is right. You only cheated if you violated the rules of the game at the time you did it.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If they are stupid enough to get caught now that the rules have changed... hang em... but that would be difficult since MLB has such weak rules on steriods... and even if you get caught, it's no big deal the first time. The owners only did something because of the bad press... they really don't want to change anything.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Actually they wanted testing for years. The MLBPA bent because of bad press.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I expect such legalistic horse**** from Imran, but I expected better from you Ming. I can't believe you want to let Bonds slide on this. He's an embarassment to the game.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Drake, YOU CAN'T CHEAT IF WHAT YOU DID WAS NOT AGAINST THE RULES! This is just basic stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Which is why the continously brought it up, Guy?
                By the media, sure. Owners are under pressure from media and fans to push for drug testing, which is in large part why we have this sham system now. They look good because they are trying to get rid of steroids; but in reality, they keep the parks filled with fans who want to see the big moonshot homerun.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  I expect such legalistic horse**** from Imran, but I expected better from you Ming. I can't believe you want to let Bonds slide on this. He's an embarassment to the game.
                  Slide on what... he didn't break the rules. If they want to arrest him on criminal charges, fine be me. Do I think he was wrong... personally yeah, but he was within the rules of baseball. So his records should stand. Who knows what other players did long time ago... speed, other drugs... we will never know. But if it's not against the rules, and the league doesn't test for it...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Actually they wanted testing for years. The MLBPA bent because of bad press.
                    While you are correct in theory... I think the owners were paying lip service to it, and were glad to be able to point to the MLPBA and shrug their shoulders, and then smile when nobody was looking.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Where's the outrage?
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Agreed.

**** like this makes me glad we won't field a baseball team for the Olympics.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why should there be? Mantle and Mays took Greenies (which were illegal at that time as well) during the 1950s and 60s. Baseball players since the beginning have taken suppliments.

Comment

Outraged... nah...

diappointed... yeah...

Against the rules... NAH...
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Gee, whatever happened to Nancy Reagan and JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS?

Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

I'm for legalization .

Comment

Working...
                                X