Scientists Accuse White House of Distorting Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Well, you are sheep, and you're used to herding. You just mistaken wolves for sheepdogs.
    So Republicans are sheep under Bush. Dems were sheep under Clinton. YADDA YADDA YADDA

This thread is going nowhere fast.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

It's a Sava thread. That's where and how they usually go.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
        So Republicans are sheep under Bush. Dems were sheep under Clinton. YADDA YADDA YADDA
        We're all sheep, baby. I'm just one of those most dangerous of creatures, a clever sheep.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

This thread is going nowhere fast.
          There is more truth to that than you think, 40% will vote for Bush, 40% will vote for Kerry no matter what, except for me of coarse, because I am open minded. What the two parties are going to fight over are the undecided 20% that will decide the next president.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

So diplomat and Defiant, arguable two of the most biased right-wingers on the board, won't believe something critical of their presidential hero because it might be the result of bias.

The irony is funny, but I can't decide if it's the "haha" kind or the " " kind.

And don't expect diplomat to believe anything a scientist says, anyway, Sava. He believes they conspired to foist evilution on us.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant

Big Crunch,
              Review the article, it only says Bush is bad, no specific claims yet, but Sava right away is branding Bush, wouldn't want to know why?
              These are specific claims, they just aren't fleshed out:

repeatedly censoring and suppressing reports by its own scientists, stacking advisory committees with unqualified political appointees, disbanding government panels that provide unwanted advice, and refusing to seek any independent scientific expertise in some cases

I doubt an article would go into more detail at a first print.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And don't expect diplomat to believe anything a scientist says, anyway, Sava. He believes they conspired to foist evilution on us.
                now I am beginning to understand...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  So diplomat and Defiant, arguable two of the most biased right-wingers on the board, won't believe something critical of their presidential hero because it might be the result of bias.

The irony is funny, but I can't decide if it's the "haha" kind or the " " kind.

Intellectual response from Boris again, look I want to see the full report before I go on Kerry's bandwagon, gggeeeee, and you wouldn't be considered one of the biggest liberals out here, would ya?
                  Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    I can't believe you're bringing up the whole creationist thing! That was done to death months ago!

I never ever said that scientists conspire to foist evolution on us. If you are going to quote me, then do it right!

besides, I am a scientist myself. I have the utmost respect for science.

All I have said is that I want to see some specifics. I am not going to bash Bush just because Sava tells me as I am suppose to.
                    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

These are specific claims, they just aren't fleshed out:

repeatedly censoring and suppressing reports by its own scientists, stacking advisory committees with unqualified political appointees, disbanding government panels that provide unwanted advice, and refusing to seek any independent scientific expertise in some cases

I doubt an article would go into more detail at a first print.
                      Why not? Your are critizing the President of the USA, why not bring it all, change my mind if you can. I think it is kind of irresponsible of these "superior intellects" not to bring the whole show.

Comment

Sava, the article itself provides no details and no examples.

However, I think he scientist might be upset about the stem cell issue.

Also, the global warming issue seems to be highly controversial in scientific circles even today. It is its advocates that seem politically motivated.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

What did you expect from an administration that leans on votes from people who think it's OK to ban Theory of Evolution from being teached in school?

EDIT: Sorry for repeating other people's arguments. However, the other mentions of evolution vs creation was written while I wrote this.
                          Last edited by Chemical Ollie; February 18, 2004, 16:42.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I am not going to bash Bush just because Sava tells me as I am suppose to.
                            you don't need to bash him... you just need to acknowledge the truth. You shouldn't confuse bush-bashing with the bashing of your own personal conservative ideals. John McCain honestly represents conservative ideals and I love him.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant
                              Intellectual response from Boris again, look I want to see the full report before I go on Kerry's bandwagon, gggeeeee, and you wouldn't be considered one of the biggest liberals out here, would ya?
                              Waiting to see the full report is a big cry from insinuating that a panel of nobel laureates would lie to attack the President. The former is reasonable, the latter is smear.

And I doubt I'd be considered one of the biggest liberals by anyone's measure, except of course extreme right-wingers. Hmmm, who here would fit that description?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                                you don't need to bash him... you just need to acknowledge the truth. You shouldn't confuse bush-bashing with the bashing of your own personal conservative ideals. John McCain honestly represents conservative ideals and I love him.
                                What truth? You haven't showed me one example or proof that the Bush admin lied or distorted scientific facts.

Show me some specifics and I will gladly tell you if Bush distorted science.

If Bush did distort science, then I will gladly acknowledge the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X