No announcement yet.

Most Lucrative College Degrees '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, I just got an e-mail from IBM regarding my application for internship.

We are interested in your application and have a few questions that we would like you to answer by February 9.

The IBM Toronto Lab will be hosting 2 Extreme Blue projects for the summer of 2004. Here is information regarding these projects.

1. Data Management - Dynamic Plan Reoptimization: The objective of this project is to realize performance improvements for DB2 queries containing multiple variables.
    Strong math skills
    Strong C, C++ skills
    1 or 2 courses in Database
    Minimum of 1 course in Algorithms and data structures
    Working knowledge of DB2 UDB

2. Rational/Tivoli Common Tooling: The objective is to evolve Autonomic Computing by integrating the areas of product development and deployed application management.
    Strong Java skills
    Experience with or knowledge of distributed applications
    Strong understanding of application monitoring concept
    Business case building experience and knowledge of open source
    models

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Sandra Riml
    Toronto!! No...
    Last edited by Asher; February 5, 2004, 22:09.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey, if you're cultured and sophisticated and love the NHL, turn on your TV.

The Leafs were 4-0 down to the Sens and now it's 4-3.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Why would I watch that when the Flames are playing right now too.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

But there's been a couple of good fights already. Marian Hossa left the game after taking a puck in the face and bleeding all over the ice (worse than Berard did when Hossa hit him). Perrott gave Neil a hiding and several Sens are injured. And to top it all half the Sens are falling ill with the flu.

I'm praying that the Leafs take the lead and then smack the crap out of Alfredsson for good measure.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

We are interested in your application and have a few questions that we would like you to answer by February 9.

[...]

Looking forward to hearing from you,
            Sandra Riml
            I see no two questions even slightly worded in there. Well - Looks as if the higher ups in this lucrative industry don't have to bother with such trivial bits as 1st year English

and GO TO *ING TORONTO, DOLT! That will actually open up doors - lest you plan ultimate continuation in the wonderfully regarded (laughed at) UofC

Comment

there's also a study which shows that those who graduate from elite colleges also tend to make more, regardless of their degrees.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                there's also a study which shows that those who graduate from elite colleges also tend to make more, regardless of their degrees.
                Tell that to PH - he went to about the best college there is.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Provost went to Oxford??

Comment

Yep. He's even got a Masters and half a PhD from Oxford...

and GO TO *ING TORONTO, DOLT! That will actually open up doors - lest you plan ultimate continuation in the wonderfully regarded (laughed at) UofC

The UofC's compsci department is one of the best in Canada. We also have quite famous alumni in the industry, including James Gosling (VP of Sun and inventor of Java). It's also one of the leading universities in North America for HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) and Cryptography.
                    Last edited by Asher; February 5, 2004, 22:53.

Comment

• Yep Z, he did. University College too.

And Owen Nolan scooorrreeeess in OT and the Leafs come from 4-0 down to win 5-4 in overtime.

Take that Ottawa scum!!!!
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                        Yep. He's even got a Masters and half a PhD from Oxford...

The UofC's compsci department is one of the best in Canada. We also have quite famous alumni in the industry, including James Gosling (VP of Sun and inventor of Java). It's also one of the leading universities in North America for HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) and Cryptography.
                        It's still be-e-etter in Ontario (and even UBC)

Comment

• UBC's compsci department is terrible.

The only ones better in Canada are UofT and UofW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                            Yep Z, he did. University College too.
                            Well that's incredibly impressive. Any Oxford man is a respectable man - even if he's as socially inept as ol Provy

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              UBC's compsci department is terrible.

The only ones better in Canada are UofT and UofW.
                              Oh, I just made a pretty out assumption because of all the Chinamen and Sikhs out there

Winnipeg has a higher up program? ****, that school surprisingly has it's act together in a lot of areas

Comment

• Haha. No, University of Waterloo, not Winnipeg...

Comment

Working...
                                X