Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stefu

slogging through three feet of snow with wolves coming after them
    Sounds like the Minnesota National Guard.

Comment

• No one ever answered my question. What's the "Texas" of Texas?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• anywhere outside the major cities, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi (actually most of the Gulf coast for that matter would not be considered Texas.... The Texas coastal region seems to have a lot in common with the Florida Gulf coastal region, actually) and a select few other towns and small cities. other words, out in the country would be considered 'texas' and in some uber-religious towns like San Angelo
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• It's West Texas of course.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Ooooh, this means war! I am a Yorkshireman.
            Well, you know it was all in jest, except for the serious bits.

I have met some pleasant folks from Yorkshire- but then they didn't live there any more.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Texas is a whole other country.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                No one ever answered my question. What's the "Texas" of Texas?
                wherever SlowwHand lives
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
                  In Canada, my friends in B.C. regularly regale me with anecdotes about the square heads in 'texan' Alberta.
                  You got things backwards. Texas is the Alberta of the US, except that Texas is smaller, uglier and has a
                  sh!t hockey team.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

• hrm.... i dont keep up with hockey much, but last i heard the Dallas Stars werent too bad
                    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• For Greece, it's Crete.

They speak funny.
                      They wear funny clothes.
                      They are savage and conservative.
                      They bear arms.
                      They are chauvinistic, edging on separatist.
                      They don't respect central government very much.
                      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                      George Orwell

Comment

• Mazarin: The Germans had more than one Austrian ruling them.

In Austria, it's either Carinthia or Tyrol.
                        Carinthia is "Haider-Country". They're a mainly slavic people but have a complex because of it and thus try to be more Germanic than the Germans...
                        Tyroleans call their own country the "holy land", arch-catholic and reactionary, they are essentially mountain bavarians. But like sir Ralph said, they're still pinko-commies compared to Texans.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                        X