What is the "Texas" of your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the "Texas" of your country?

Slowwwhand and George W. Bush's fame/infamy have given most of the world what kind of a place Texas is.

Now, does every country have such a place, and what are they like?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Finland
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Finland is not part of a country -- it's a country unto itself.

But would there be a distinct cultural region within Finland? I would say so -- the Laaplands.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Texas.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Finland is not part of a country -- it's a country unto itself.
          As is Texas
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Not so -- it has become much more integrated in United States ever since NAFTA in the 1990s.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In Australia, Queensland, mainly thanks to someone who made a die hard Afrikaaner Broederbond member look like a gay Green senator:

Joh Bjelke Petersen- proof that dinosaurs survived.
              They still have people who think that the best place for a Koori/Aboriginal is a jail cell- or Northern Territory.

In Great Britain, Yorkshire. The rest of Great Britain gets heartily nauseous at the likes of Geoffrey Boycott explaining just how wonderful Yorkshire is, how the best food comes from there, how they invented everything from breathing to quantum string theory. In a British saying, they're all mouth and trousers- or fur coat and no knickers.

William Hague, foetus ex-leader of the Tory Party was a Yorkshireman.

In Canada, my friends in B.C. regularly regale me with anecdotes about the square heads in 'texan' Alberta. On the other hand, it does have the Calgary Gay Rodeo.... and Asher, of course.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Texas. And California. And Florida. And everything in between.
                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Well there Germany with Bavaria of course, and possibly Spain with the Basque area.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                    Well there Germany with Bavaria of course
                    but we'll never let a Bavarian come to power....Austria might be our Texas, too.
                    www.civforum.de

Comment

Originally posted by Mazarin

but we'll never let a Bavarian come to power....Austria might be our Texas, too.
                      You did however allow an Austrian to come to power.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                        You did however allow an Austrian to come to power.
                        We learned from our past...no power to southern states!
                        www.civforum.de

Comment

Kyushu.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                            In Canada, my friends in B.C. regularly regale me with anecdotes about the square heads in 'texan' Alberta. On the other hand, it does have the Calgary Gay Rodeo.... and Asher, of course.

Alberta is probably closest to Texas as a whole, but still not really.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip of course.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X