Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli vandalises Swedish suicide bomber art

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Ramo
    Just heard about a rabbi that stood in front of a Palestinian house that was to be bulldozed by the Israeli gov't. He's being prosecuted atm. Awesome guy.

    http://www.jta.org/page_view_story.a...ntcategoryid=5
    He gets my vote.
    Only feebs vote.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Agathon
      Why not just ban everything that right wing Israelis find offensive?
      On what exact basis did you assume that the ambassador is a right winger?

      Or did you just want to brush all Israelis with a right wing brush, you bigotted little *****?

      Which begs the question, why do you hate the piece so much that you want it destroyed? Are you afriad of what other people will think, and want to censor what they can be exposed to? Or are you afriad of what it makes you, yourself, think?

      Tell me, would you mind a large crucifix, a KKK logo, and a picture of Hitler as Jesus? Why do you hate it? Are you afraid of what other people will think? Or are you afraid of what it makes you, yourself, think?

      Comment


      • #93
        Tell me, how do you people think would the families of loved ones who were killed in 9/11 would act, if that 'art' piece featured Mohammed Atta?

        Exactly the same, that's how.

        So stop using this case as something to beat the 'crazy jews who try to censor everything' with.

        It's a case of insensitivity, and possibly an attempt to legitimize or rationalize an act of brutality that doesn't deserve such honors.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Sirotnikov

          Tell me, would you mind a large crucifix, a KKK logo, and a picture of Hitler as Jesus? Why do you hate it? Are you afraid of what other people will think? Or are you afraid of what it makes you, yourself, think?
          I wouldn't wish any piece of art to be destroyed simply because they contained a crucifix, KKK logo, or hitler. Infact, I imagine that pieces with such content could potentially be very powerful, and very good. Or funny. I'd like to see a picture of hitler on the cross, like jesus. maybe throw a KKK hood on for good measure.


          (and I would imagine you'd find many pieces containing things of that nature in the holocaust museum, by the way... although i don't personally know)
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

          Do It Ourselves

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Sirotnikov

            It's a case of insensitivity, and possibly an attempt to legitimize or rationalize an act of brutality that doesn't deserve such honors.
            It's a case of ignorance or an unwillingness to understand, and possibly an attempt to politicize an art piece and create censorship around an issue.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

            Do It Ourselves

            Comment


            • #96
              I don't think you could say that Mohammed Atta looks like snow white, by the way.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

              Do It Ourselves

              Comment


              • #97
                What a strange discussion:

                If this ambassador where to go into a theater showing "Triumph Des Willens", would he storm the booth and destroy the reel? And that most definitely is a work of glorification...

                What the ambassador did was unacceptable- he should be quicked out of the country, and made to pay damages for what he did. NO, there is no excuse- it does not matter if he was offendend- it deos not matter if anyone here shares his outrage- this was a work of art, and his act was, besides one of censorship, one of vandalism, and he showed immense disrespect for his host country.

                As for the piece of art itself- I am sorry, but anyone who thinks this glorifies what she did is honestly being denser than lead.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by KrazyHorse


                  Was it equating or was it irony; that somebody who superficially resembles Snow White is actually the opposite of an innocent?
                  I agree, there is great irony in this piece. I personally do not have a problem with it (sorry, Siro).
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Cool guy

                    Giving away to his urges and becoming the anarchist we all dream of for a moment. Kudos
                    får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

                    Comment


                    • I'd like to add that I feel damn strange standing on this side of the line.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        I'd like to add that I feel damn strange standing on this side of the line.
                        So if you consider yourself pro-Israeli, you must automatically approve of the actions of all members of the Israeli government by default?

                        Which side of the line are you on that you feel strange? That of common sense?
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                        Comment


                        • She secretly crossed into Israel, charged into a Haifa restaurant, shot a security guard, blew herself up and murdered 19 innocent civilians


                          I dont remember her shooting a guard.

                          Edit : Also, 21 people were killed in that bombing. Not 19.
                          Last edited by Eli; January 18, 2004, 03:32.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eli
                            I dont remember her shooting a guard.
                            Artistic freedom to emphasize her heroism
                            får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Winston
                              Why represent the suicide bomber as Snow White in the first place, if not to convey the message of purity and innocence, at least to some extent?
                              Some people--apparently not the ambassador or you--are smart enough to see it as bitter irony.

                              People are so dense...

                              1) The artist is an Israeli Jew
                              2) The caption of the artwork details the act of this women describing it as a murder of innocents
                              3) Her picture is floating in pool representing the blood of her victims

                              I'm still waiting for a plausible explanantion of how any of this is meant to glorify her.

                              The ambassador should be ashamed for his behavior. He's a cretin.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                                It's a case of insensitivity, and possibly an attempt to legitimize or rationalize an act of brutality that doesn't deserve such honors.


                                The other artist, Feiler's Swedish wife Gunilla Skoeld Feiler, told daily Expressen that the work was "not a glorification of the suicide bomber."

                                "I wanted to show how incomprehensible it is that a mother-of-two, who is a lawyer no less, can do such a thing," she said.
                                Nobody bothers to read any more I guess.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X