We Must Take Unilateral Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Actually, we portray you as spineless because you regurgitate without thinking the RBC talking-points you've been fed through the media (RNC --> FOX --> CNN --> You). You show extremely little ability to critically analyze the crap you're being spoonfed, and gleefully report back here to Poly any dirt.

You are the poster child for making media criticism a mandatory class in high school.

It's funny because none of your criticism has to do with substance, but only with form. Dean's too angry to win, Dean makes too many gaffs to win, etc. I'd repect you if you said things like: I don't like Dean's position on guns, the death penalty, and corn subsidies.

I dared you to come up with a transcript before proving one of your allegations against Dean, which you never did, but you kept on going on about how Dean had supposedly made this major criticism of Bush because he hadn't caught Hussein (by major I mean where he devotes substatial criticism and not simply mentions it in the context of a larger critique of Bush's handling of Iraq). When you actually learn to think for yourself, and not simply spout what the GOP wants you to believe, I think the rest of us will cut you a lot more slack.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I think Dean supports are rankled by two things: the excessive critique of their candidate as compared to other Democrats or Bush, and the nature of that critique, largely concentrating on form (and much of that made up.) For example, one of the commonly reported chracteristics of Dean is that he's a loose cannon, get's angry easily, etc. yet no one has shown one instance of Dean loosing his cool (he was allegedly to have slammed his fist on a desk though). So where's the angry out-of-control Dean?

Damn che, he is the leading contender at the moment. Don't you think that just maybe that has something to do with it? If someone else was in the lead they would be *****ing that the media ignored him. He is in politics for gods sake and running for president. If they can't stand a attention to their candidate then perhaps something is wrong with him.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sprayber look out!!!!!!!!!!

You're mindlessly believing all the sh*t the media throws at you!!!!

Comment

If the media had been this tough on Busgh in '99

They did... you just (convieniently) forgot. Every week during the campaign, the media went nuts on another Bush gaffe.

The whining, in my mind, comes from the insurgent candidate making self serving appeals to the Party leadership to stop attacks upon him. I really wouldn't care if he responded in kind to attacks on his campaign.

Bingo. When you are the frontrunner in a contested primary, you are going to get barbed. It happens in EVERY ONE. To assume Dean is being unfairly treated because this has never happened before is totally stupid. For one, Clinton in '91-92 had much more heat on him than Dean does now. The people below you in the polls will try to find every barb in your closet and the media spotlight is on him.

Dean is a 'whiner' because he WHINED! He told the DNC to tell the other candidates to stop attacking him! Waaah! Waaah!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
            Damn che, he is the leading contender at the moment.
            Yes, but the criticism of him started well before he was front runner. (Although a case could be made that he became the front-runner because of it.) Furthermore, unless all candidates are treated equally, it would be giving a false impression that there's nothing wrong with the other candidates, just Dean.

Imran, the Bush gaffes were different. They would go after Bush when he said something stupid, sure, but they didn't go after him on outright lies or where he changed his position from before. He really got treated with kid gloves.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Dean is a 'whiner' because he WHINED! He told the DNC to tell the other candidates to stop attacking him! Waaah! Waaah!
              Which is a blatant exaggeration right out of Ann Coulter. Dean was quoted from a campaign stop by the NYT as saying that McAuliffe should step in and say something about all the negative campaigning--for everyone. Dean then later spoke to McAuliffe to smooth things over since people were portraying it as attacking him. He never complained to McAuliffe in that manner.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It's no use Imran -- Boris and Che have no spines.

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

See, in MrFun's world, standing up for your opinions and defending them with rational argument means you have no spine. But caving in the second someone challenges you without bothering to defend your positions is the height of backbone, I suppose.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

How about us three create a thread just so that you two can continue to bash me, and I can bash you guys back??

Comment

Seems like Albert Speer has poisoned some other Apolytoners into a spirit of bashing.

Comment

Apparently its you, though. Remember this the next time you indulge in an ad hominem against someone who hasn't even yet participated in the thread, as you did against che here.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Che has been bashing me along the same lines -- just not with the same words as you.

Che and you are taking up after Albert Speer.

Comment

There is rather a bit of difference. Speer made a personal attack against my relatioship with my wife in a rather dispicable fashion. I rather think he's lucky I simply decided to put him on my ignore list rather than complaining to the mods. I ain't crossed that line with you.

In other words, I think there's still hope for you.

Comment

ey would go after Bush when he said something stupid, sure, but they didn't go after him on outright lies or where he changed his position from before.

Jeez, you should start reading mainstream media and not just Commie propaganda sources . The media went after Bush for things such as the death penalty in Texas, his 'mocking' of a Death Row inmate, his enviro record in Texas, etc., etc.

Which is a blatant exaggeration right out of Ann Coulter. Dean was quoted from a campaign stop by the NYT as saying that McAuliffe should step in and say something about all the negative campaigning--for everyone.

Which is the same thing. He was whining that McAuliffe wasn't doing anything. Obviously he made the comment because he was on the recieving end of most the negativity, being the front runner.

--

Oh, and I have to agree with the Funboy here... che has been a total ***** to Mr Fun, just because he believes something different and actually happens to be a moderate Dem.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X