No announcement yet.

Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monkspider, you need to come to the dark side. Join me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Well Asher, I have weekly responsibilities that I have to attend to during the day usually.

Adults 25 and over would understand that.
      So do I. The idea is you stay up all night, and all day.

The next night you'll have no trouble sleeping. Problem solved.

As for "weekly responsibilities" -- for **** sake, you're a liberal arts graduate student.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Ok, we will nominate you for the best drama queen of the year.
        Oh Fun, you can't smiley face your way through everything in life. You can't always laugh everything off. There will come a day where you will have to face everything, even that which you never wanted to. There is no smiley face that can stop the slow turn of the world.

I know that you had some hard times, but you have come so far. You have a degree, and a degree of autonomy. The days of the past are behind you.

Realize that peace will only come to you when you discover who you really are. There is no use living a lie, especially when you are aware that it is a lie.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          monkspider, you need to come to the dark side. Join me.
          Sorry, I'm a Canucks fan.

Comment

Mr. Fun- I ask of you, what good is a college degree when it does not stand for anything? You have lost faith in many things you once believed in. Why is that? You have come to believe that such things are no longer needed. You have grown cold to the world. You have built an illusory world built around your material posessions.

When I look at you, I see a waste of so much potential. Someone who has suffered, but ending up becoming someone so much better for it. Someone who realized the quiet desperation that so many others are forced to live through.

Yet, foolishly, you abandoned that for a life of materialism, and sensualism. Why?! Like I said, I am hard on you because you are too old and too wise for this.

Allow me to remind you, as you seem to have forgotten, you are not remembered for your accomplishments in the work place, or education. The empires we build turn to dust. The only things that you will be remembered for are what usually are the more quiet moments. These things will be your legacy.

So, please pardon my being blunt, but get back to reality! You're losing it here, buddy. You can laugh me off, but you can't laugh off the world.

Comment

Try not to have a shower before you go to bed. I find a shower wakes me up again. Yeah. Count sheep or something.

I'm a night owl really, although I got nothing against mornings either. It's just that more is going on at night then in the morning. I have no trouble falling asleep. I used to but haven't since about a year ago.

Monkspider

Anyway, question. Is six hours of sleep a night enough for say a person of around 19 years of age?

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                So, please pardon my being blunt, but get back to reality! You're losing it here, buddy.
                This is either a brilliant joke or a sad spectacle of the communist mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  This is either a brilliant joke or a sad spectacle of the communist mind.
                  Now now now...
                  I'm a commie and I don't exactly understand what Monkspider is talking about too. I think it's the spiritual part of Monkspider that is talking right now. Blame the Christians
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Lets see, ive had two hours sleep out of the past 24. I may not be the best person to give advice in this thread. I only sleep when I crash every three days. My sleep patterns are so messed up that I can't even begin to get them back in check. The only time I sleep well is when someone is sleeping with me.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I'm usually asleep between 3/4 a.m. and 10/11 a.m. ... seven hours of glorious slumber, and I usually conk out 10 to 15 minutes after I lay my head down on my soft, gentle pillow. No drugs needed, thank God.

Tips for you? I'm not sure. What works for me might not work for you (this thread is evidence of that). All I can recommend is falling asleep with the radio set low, perhaps to a New Age music station or something. Instrumentals are dreamy ...

Gatekeeper
                      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

A shower before bed is usually very effective for me. Maybe some other routine- perhaps prayer of some sort?

It'll also help if you have one spot that your body recognizes as soley for sleeping. Don't use your bed for studying, lounging, other stuff. If you always sleep when you are in your bed, it'll be easier to sleep there.

But again, in terms of short term getting to sleep one night when you need to, a couple of over the counter sleeping pills is very good.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Yes, *routine* is very important ... people who don't have patterns usually end up paying the price for it. Eat at certain times during the day/evening/night, go to bed at roughly the same time, get up at roughly the same time. It may sound boring, but routines are quite important for healthy living.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Sorry, can't help you. My problem is sleeping too much way too often, and I catnap everywhere too.

But routine is important, yes. Though people going through college tend to have none
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Try going through the alphabet naming a specific thing for each letter, such as Poly poster names. Skip letters if they are too hard and come back to them later. This method works quite well.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                                Lets see, ive had two hours sleep out of the past 24. I may not be the best person to give advice in this thread. I only sleep when I crash every three days. My sleep patterns are so messed up that I can't even begin to get them back in check. The only time I sleep well is when someone is sleeping with me.
                                How the hell do you, Asher and other people like you function during the day??

For instance, when I do not get to sleep until midnight, and I get up at 6:30 in the morning, I find myself dozing off at my internship job by early afternoon.

Of course, I stay awake when I force myself to, at the moment I begin to doze off.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X