Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping

When I have a lot of things on my mind at night, and I go to bed, it can sometimes take me over two hours to go to sleep.

So other than the use of euthanasia for a permanent solution, what are healthy ways to get my required amount of sleep?

I'm wary of using any drugs (over counter or prescription) to help me -- I don't want to end up relying on them for the rest of my life.

It's quarter to 1:00 AM right now, and I need to get up at 7:30 AM.

And besides giving me any helpful advice, how well do you sleep? Are you an owl or a robin? I'm an owl.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Warm Milk, Masturbation, Reading the Civ3 Stories stuff, Argue with Ben Kenobi/obiwan18, diphenhydramine hcl.

I'm a night owl.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How to get healthy amounts of sleep?

Easy.

Sleep.

I sleep for at least 10 hours a night for reasons that I cannot discuss.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Warm Milk, Masturbation, Reading the Civ3 Stories stuff, Argue with Ben Kenobi/obiwan18, diphenhydramine hcl.

I'm a night owl.
        I'm one of those weird people who does not masturbate when they're not horny, Asher.

Comment

That's just becauser you're older than 25, the age of death for gay men.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I work third shift, but sometimes I have to bounce between day and night to get things done.

Melatonin really helps in resetting my clock.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I used over the counter sleep aids, getting off of them was not a problem but they aren't very effective on me because I once used them on a regular basis. If, however, you use them once in awhile on nights when you particularly need to sleep and are having trouble doing it, sleep aids are good.

Getting into some type of particular pattern of some behavior you do before bed can help, just do something every night before you go to bed.

What works for me, I have noticed, is to keep the area you are sleeping in cool, put on a fan or fans, turn off the heat, and then insulate yourself with multiple blankets. Something about being insulated from a cold environment works for me.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                That's just becauser you're older than 25, the age of death for gay men.

Comment

The secret to sleeping you ask? Sleeping

The reason people like Fun can't sleep are purely spiritual in nature. They have gone too far pursuing the wrong things in life. When they get back on the right track, sleep will come.

Until that day arrives, they should expect little sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                    I used over the counter sleep aids, getting off of them was not a problem but they aren't very effective on me because I once used them on a regular basis. If, however, you use them once in awhile on nights when you particularly need to sleep and are having trouble doing it, sleep aids are good.

Getting into some type of particular pattern of some behavior you do before bed can help, just do something every night before you go to bed.

What works for me, I have noticed, is to keep the area you are sleeping in cool, put on a fan or fans, turn off the heat, and then insulate yourself with multiple blankets. Something about being insulated from a cold environment works for me.
                    As long as over-counter sleep aids are not addictive or anything -- I MIGHT consider using them for an occasional, necessary fix.

I shower every night before I go to bed -- I don't know if that is affecting my sleep habits, or not.

Comment

This fvcking sucks -- I am going to get into bed again and try to get to sleep immediately.

I went to bed the first time four and a half hours ago.

Comment

If I can't get to sleep after two hours, I stay up the whole night.

Comment

The reality of the situation is that showers have no bearing on your sleeping habits Fun.

You spend your life asleep, when you are awake, and awake when you are asleep. You have forgotten reality, and now spend your waking hours in a dreamworld. You focus on materialism, instead of love for your fellow man. You have divorced yourself from that which truly matters. You have forgotten everything that was ever worth remembering.

It would be best to wash away your bad habits, rather than taking a literal shower each night. It's a shame Fun, because you are such a waste of potential. I am hard on you because I know that you are capable of so much more.

Comment

Well Asher, I have weekly responsibilities that I have to attend to during the day usually.

Adults 25 and over would understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                              The reality of the situation is that showers have no bearing on your sleeping habits Fun.

You spend your life asleep, when you are awake, and awake when you are asleep. You have forgotten reality, and now spend your waking hours in a dreamworld. You focus on materialism, instead of love for your fellow man. You have divorced yourself from that which truly matters. You have forgotten everything that was ever worth remembering.

It would be best to wash away your bad habits, rather than taking a literal shower each night. It's a shame Fun, because you are such a waste of potential. I am hard on you because I know that you are capable of so much more.
                              Ok, we will nominate you for the best drama queen of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X