Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Meths.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Just taking 3 units this semester, compared to 6 last semester.

PHAR 4005 Nitric Oxide, Vascular Injury and Angiogenesis
      PHAR 4011 Renal Pharmacology and Toxicology
      PHAR 4009 Molecular Biology of Steroid Hormone Receptors

I've also got a Physiology project on hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction to do. Final year is tough going.
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Hmm not a student but

Job 901 - learning continues in the 9th year in the workforce and topics include
        1 how to fight boredom when assigned a mind-numbing task
        2. meeting impossible deadlines
        3. The economy and how it affects working stiffs

BABY 101 -- this is introductory hands on course in which students do by learning in an intensive 24 hour a day program. The program is individualized and interactive as individual students may face quite different challenges.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'd drop the second one if I were you.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

You science students and all your labs...

Comment

When I start college this fall I am planning to major in Geology (B.S. degree) with emphasis in Paleontology, and minors in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.

Comment

Pekka:

If school was my life, i'd starve to death what with the little not making money to buy food problem.

and my god, odin... you're a senior in high school?! I thought you were 13-14 years old... a near-adult talks like you?
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Ohboy. Here we go, sans course descriptions because the catalogue is in a box locked in a room fifty miles away.

Major: Broadcast Journalism
                  Minor: History

COMM 111A: Intro to Public Speaking
                  A cakewalk, but required. Easy, easy A.

DRAM 112A: Drama for Non-Majors II
                  The second of two drama classes available for non-drama majors. My 'relaxing' class, if you will.

HIST 155H: Americas: the 20th Century
                  Lecture followed by small discussion groups. From what I've heard, taught by a great Prof.

PHIL 200E: Ethics: The Great Traditions
                  I have no idea. It or some other ethics class is required, though.

PSC 120S: Intro to Comparitive Gov't
                  Isn't being a freshman great? Fufilling the mandatory Poly-Sci class.

Total 16 credits. I'M IN FOR A FUN SEMESTER BOY HOWDY YOU BETCHA.
                  Talent Optional

Comment

Well i WAS going to be taking...

LAWS 121 – Introduction to New Zealand Legal System

DEAF 101 – Introduction to New Zealand Sign Language

PHIL 111 – Introduction to Logic

LEGL 114 – Introduction to Criminal Law and Problem Solving

But then i decided that i should take a year out and work instead - try to save money instead of adding to my already too big for what its worth student loan... Chubb Security here i come!

Comment

Chubb Security...... really?

Comment

Mine (I'm a first-year ****off at the University of Alberta, fyi):

ENGL 100: English Literature: Beginning to Present
                        Fairly laid-back, not too hard... Still, I manage to find a way to only be average in it. Let's just say I accidentally enrolled myself in the Intro English class that is usually reserved for English Majors... Oops. Still, hopefully this trial by fire will improve my mediocre essay skills.

POL S 100: Introduction to Political Science
                        The prof makes all of his tests from lecture notes only. Good-bye, Mr. Textbook! Plenty of discussion here and the subject matter is eminently learnable.

(both continued from 1st semester)

SPAN 112: Beginner's Spanish 2
                        I'm nowhere near fluent, but I think I learned more about Spanish in my one class last semester than I learned of French from 9 years of mandatory schooling. Extremely small class size which leads to a very relaxed atmosphere. I enjoy it.

PSYCO 104: Basic Psychological Functions
                        GREAT prof. I don't know how things will play out in this course in the end, but it looks interesting enough.

HISTORY 110: The Pre-Modern World, 500 to 1500 C.E.
                        I love it when the textbooks are actually pleasurable to read. I like learning about this sort of crap on my own time, so the fact that it's getting me credits is just icing on the cake. Plus, it's a good time-window... I'm sure there's plenty I've yet to learn about the 1500s on, but I'm going into this course knowing much, much less about the subject matter... Somehow, this motivates me a little bit more.

I did pretty well in my first semester... let's hope the trend continues.

(EDIT: Figured I should beef it up a little; it looked a bit sterile.)
                        Last edited by cinch; January 12, 2004, 19:46.
                        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Am I the only pure philosophy student here?

Here is my list

Introduction to metaphysics
                          Contemporary French philosophy
                          Introduction to modern philosophy
                          Ethics and politics
                          Introduction to medieval philosophy
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I was a Political Science/History major until May, now I am just a lowely normal person who can't spend all his time arguing with peers over interesting things. Work is hardly as fun.

Was browsing the online courses offered by the Navy to underway sailors, want to get as many of them to go for degrees as possible, and some of the stuff they offer sounds interesting.

Might have to use some myself, start that Pysch degree early
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                              Am I the only pure philosophy student here?

(I hope so!)
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And suddenly it all makes sense...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X