No announcement yet.

What're you taking this term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They recommend you take 2 per term. I'm a man, gimmie all 5!! ROOOOARR!!!! *flex*

I don't know what you mean by intellectual. Philosophy class is like what you wonder when you're drunk.

This is more intellectual, for me.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Algorithms II
      Programming II
      Data System Modeling II
      Programming Project
      Mathematics II
      Digital Design
      Web Programming (aaaagh)

These are my courses.. too tired to translate the proper names to them.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A bucnk of shiot. Mostly about math a physicsm graduate level courses...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Finished my courses for my MSc, now jsut have to write my thesis. Going to be on Pattern Recognition using Adaptive Genetic Algorithms. I might have aimed slightly too high, as my coding is in general the shaky part of anything i try to do

Comment

I'm a computer science and biology (evolution/ecology/behavior) major at the University of Texas @ Austin, finished my computer science curriculum and working on bio.

I'm taking:
            BIO 126L General Microbiology Lab

BIO 226R Gen Mic: Mic Cell Struc/Genet

BIO 337J Computational Biology

BIO 366R Molecular Genetics

C S 354 Computer Graphics

Comment

For 1 and a half year I've been waiting to get to pick my classes, and now it's finally time... we can between those 4:

VB .Net programming
              Web-something
              System Administration
              Embedded programming

And we have to pick at least 4!!!
              What kinda choice is that?
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Major: Business Administration
                Concentration: Information Technology and Marketing

Courses:
                - Advanced Business Research Methods
                - Marketing Research
                - E-Business
                - Professional Skills and Competencies
                - Philosophy 2
                (- Emerging Technologies)

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                  For 1 and a half year I've been waiting to get to pick my classes, and now it's finally time... we can between those 4:

VB .Net programming
                  Web-something
                  System Administration
                  Embedded programming

And we have to pick at least 4!!!
                  What kinda choice is that?
                  I know what it is -- it's the you're-screwed-over-no-matter-what choice.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ceramics 2-wacky fun!
                    Intercultural Communication-$#@% diversity requirement must die.
                    Intro to Journalism-I will soon grow mighty in the ranks of BSers.

I need to be a full-time student for insurance reasons, but I can't find a course to fill in the last spot. I had a course selected, intro to zoology, but it turned out that I already had credit for that due to my AP bio test score. Pretty much all of my requirements are out of the way now.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

how do some of yall take so many courses? I dont think I can take more than four... going to class, doing homework, and working fulltime. how yall do it?
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Not much. I'm doing a short research project at the Theory of Condensed Matter group, that takes up most of my time for the moment. Until the christmas break I did quantum field theory, but I'll wait with the exam until february or march or so I think. I started on an accelerator physics course, but not sure if I'll continue with that, it's a bit too time-consuming and it's not important anyway.

I'll start a course on Statistical Mechanics and one on Advanced Solid State Physics in february, and finish a couple of exams on subjects that I've followed, but haven't yet tried the exams for (Quantum field theory, elementary particles, laser cooling & trapping). After that (march or april or so) I hope to start my Master's thesis. No clue at what research group or on what subject yet.

Comment

I'm inbetween the first and second semester so here's both...

Autumn Semester
                          • R8A027 Intermediate Russian (a)
                            This module, in combination with its partner module Intermediate Russian (ii) (R8A028), consolidates and extends students' knowledge of the Russian language through systematic study of topics in Russian grammar, supported by practice in reading, writing, listening and oral communication, utilising both native speakers and language laboratory facilities.
                          • V12122 Soviet State and Society, 1917-1953
                            The module examines the creation of the new Soviet state after 1917 against the background of virtual economic collapse, civil war and international isolation. It focuses on such issues as Stalin's rise to power, the attempts to organise the government, economy and society according to the tenets of Marxism-Leninism, and the influence of Stalin on that developmental process. It considers too the impact of World War II on the Soviet Union and the country's international relations in the early Cold War era.
                          • V12138 The Origins of World War II in Europe and Asia, 1919-1942
                            This module is concerned with the historical, political, cultural and ideological origins of World War II in both Asia and Europe. It will explore the complicated (and interrelated) factors that pushed both Germany and Japan into war against the Allied Powers (and into each other's arms). Particular attention will be paid to the way in which political and ideological factors combined in the historical circumstances of the interwar years. Major topics include:

- The Versailles Peace Treaty
                            - The League of Nations
                            - Was World War II inevitable?
                            - The 'Revolutionary' nature of Japanese and German politics
                            - Anglo-American foreign policy
                            - Visions of a New World Order in USA, Germany, and Japan

Spring Semester
                          • R8A028 Intermediate Russian (b)
                            This is a follow-on module from its partner module, Intermediate Russian (a) R8A027. It further consolidates and extends students' knowledge of the Russian language through systematic study of further topics in Russian grammar, supported by practice in reading, writing, listening and oral communication, utilising native speakers.
                          • V12262 Russian State and Society, 1861-1917
                            This module examines the modernisation process in Russia from the eve of Alexander II's great reforms up until the February revolution of 1917. The approach of this module will be to look at Russia both from the top down, and from the bottom up; on the one hand, it will consider the formation of domestic and foreign policy by the tsarist administration, and the economic development of Russia in this period, and on the other hand it will consider the evolution of society in this period at all levels. Particular attention will be paid to the rural population, which formed the vast bulk of Russia's population.
                          • R8A037 Introduction to Eastern European Societies
                            Eastern European and Russian societies are examined through their historical and cultural paths in the 20th Century.
                          • R8A033 Russian and Soviet Cinema
                            The module introduces students to the Russian and Soviet film tradition and the history of the Soviet film industry from the silent to the sound period, including the cinema of glasnost and the post-Soviet era.

Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

ANSO-400W.
                            History and Theories of Anthropology and Sociology - Dr. Gallagher, Dr.Oboler

A study of anthropology and sociology within the framework of Western thought. An analysis of the development of anthropological and sociological theory from the 19th century until today.

Prerequisites: Any 100-level course in Anthropology or Sociology, and Anthropology/Sociology 300. Three hours per week. Four semester hours.

CST-200W.
                            Communication Theory and Research

An exploration of the concepts and models of communication common to a wide range of communication contexts, including interpersonal, group, organizational, and mass. Students are introduced to theories, research methods, and writing conventions common to the field.

Prerequisites: CST 105, 110 or 111. Three hours per week. Four semester hours.

PHYS-102Q.
                            The Solar System

Periodic changes in the sky, physical principles of solar system astronomy, the sun and planets, asteroids and other solar system debris, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, telescopic observations and CCD astrophotography.

Prerequisite: a working knowledge of high school algebra. Three hours of lecture and two hours of laboratory per week. Four semester hours.

What you're seeing here is a class for my Anthropology major, a class for my Theatre major, and a class for my science requirement.

Plus, another class yet to be determined. It will most likely be Playwriting, for which there isn't yet an entry in the course catalouge.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

CS711: Knowledge Management. Mostly covers case-based reasoning.

CS680: Comparative Languages. Blow-off course that I need to take to graduate.

CSE660: Intro to Software Engineering. Blow-off course that I need to take to graduate.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

AS, you need to get into mode 'SCHOOL IS MY LIFE', meaning if you don't do 110% you'll end up loser. It's not healthy thinking, but hey it works for me.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X