• Time
  • Show
Clear All

but this vote includes character

:whistles:

Ty Cobb
    Cap Anson
    etc.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes... character has NEVER been an issue before.
      However... your relations with the voting media has made a difference. If you are real jerk to the media, you may have to wait for the veterens committee to get elected That's the reason Rice isn't in yet. The media just doesn't like him...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        but this vote includes character

:whistles:

Ty Cobb
        Cap Anson
        etc.

I agree with you, old Bambino too was another "Character"
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

That's the reason Rice isn't in yet. The media just doesn't like him...

And that's a shame, IMO. Jim Rice deserves his place in Cooperstown.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Yes... character has NEVER been an issue before.
            However... your relations with the voting media has made a difference. If you are real jerk to the media, you may have to wait for the veterens committee to get elected That's the reason Rice isn't in yet. The media just doesn't like him...
            Character may not be an issue. I don't think the writers give a crap about Rose's character. It is the in-sport integrity issue. He committed the cardinal breach of trust with his sport.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: New HOF class for MLB

Originally posted by Ming
              Ryne Sandberg

Bruce Sutter

Andre Dawson

Steve Garvey

Tommy John

Don Mattingly

Dave Concepcion

Dale Murphy

Dennis Martinez *

Randy Myers *
              These are the ones off this list I would like to see in the Hall.

(Apoligies to Ming for massacering this quote)
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I stand corrected. My limited English Language usage levels me to that of a slug..BUT Integrity is perhaps somewhat closer.

It is a shame that its "Integrity" and not "Character" that defines one contributions.

The age old discussion about whether a players contributions off the field should merit his eligibility into the HOF.

I think it should but thats just one mans opinion.

So,would ones "Character" include "Integrity"?

Peace

Grandpa-"Just-an-iggorant-@R$E"-Troll
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  So,would ones "Character" include "Integrity"?

Peace

Grandpa-"Just-an-iggorant-@R$E"-Troll
                  I would say yes to this. An argument can be made that integrity is such an integral part of character that they cannot be removed from one another. I believe that this is a case where they can.

You a slug?? Now thats just not true. Your usage was correct from a broad point of view. I am simply splitting a few hairs here for the sake of clarity.

Comment

Who would I like to see in the Hall who got votes this year?

Ryan Sandberg
                    Bruce Sutter
                    Jim Rice
                    Bert Blyleven
                    Alan Trammell

That's it. Maybe they'll get in during the next few years, but all SHOULD get in.

Comment

Originally posted by rah

He did spend some time on the Cubs. As did many of the nominees this year.
                      I don't count his farm team...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                        he didn't play for an American team.

Carter was with the Cubs, the Indians and the Padres before he came to Toronto.
                        What has been done here is ridiculous. Same with Dave Stieb, Jimmy Key and Cecil Fielder. Why are so many former Blue Jays (Fielder was one too, before he went to Japan) so bluntly ignored?
                        Payback for the cheap lumber.

Comment

Working...
                        X