• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cite?

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

the southern shiites aren't pro saddam.
      Exactly. I said the Sunni were pro-Saddam.

Comment

There is no cite supporting Tass's statement. Generally accepted figures put the Utah literacy rate at 94% (1992 figures).

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

oh my

GET THE **** OUT WITH THAT NONSENSE

that's the stupidest sh1t i've ever heard

obviously YOU are illiterate when it comes to statistics

talk about poor reading comprehension skills
          Well, there is an old saying where I come from If you're going to be rude, then go fuck yourself with a frozen chicken

In any case I apologise I made a statistical error. It's only something like 13% of school leavers who are totally illiterate. The National Institute for Literacy (NALS) puts 40-44 million Americans at the lowest level (1) of literacy, meaning they can't fill out more than basic forms. http://www.ahalenia.com/id/id11/illiterati.html

Alabama... hmmm, maybe it was Misip that my teacher mentioned.... In any case I was wrong in saying that 1/3 were totally illiterate anywhere....

" According to a recent US government report, The State of Literacy in America, released by the National Institute for Literacy (NIL), there has been a significant growth in illiteracy in America."

The NIL/NALS report confirms once again that Southern US states continue to have the most deplorable social conditions in the country, including the highest rates of adult illiteracy. Mississippi ranked worst among the 50 states, with every third adult in the state, 30 percent of its adult population, placed in Level I. Louisiana has the second highest illiteracy rate with 28 percent of its adult population in Level I, followed by Alabama, Florida and South Carolina, each with 25 percent. In these states the combined Level I and Level II literacy rates would push the level of illiteracy and near-illiteracy to nearly 70 percent of the adult population.
          Last edited by Evil Knevil; December 28, 2003, 21:56.
          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

The US soldiers in Iraq. Are they predominantly from the South?

Comment

Central to Northern Iraq, I believe.

Comment

Ok. That one was tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Exactly. I said the Sunni were pro-Saddam.
                  "Actually, because the south is more likely to be pro-Saddam"

thats what you said? did you mean sunni in place of south?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil
                    Previous numbers incorrect.

Well, some surveys suggest that 30% of Missips are illerate, and that some 40 million Americans can't fill out a simple form(or point out the expiration date on a drivers license).
                    You do make a good case by with your post, which shows the degree of "illeratacy". Unless of course you are a moron from somewhere other than the U.S.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

You do make a good case by with your post, which shows the degree of "illeratacy". Unless of course you are a moron from somewhere other than the U.S.
                      Oh my! A spelling error! On an internet forum? In a hasty rewrite?

Naturally I'll hand back my library card now, as this non-sequiter clearly defines me as being illerate/illiterate/biscuits.

Does disparaging the US and it's literacy rate make me illiterate, or a moron? You seem rather imprecise about this.
                      Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

My wife is from Alabama and I have travelled extensively through the state. I have yet to meet the illeterate part of the population. They sure do hide them well.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

"Actually, because the south is more likely to be pro-Saddam"

thats what you said? did you mean sunni in place of south?
                          Aren't the Sunni in the south?

Forgive me if I got the geography wrong. I was just trying to say that the Brits had an easier time of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil

Oh my! A spelling error! On an internet forum? In a hasty rewrite?

Naturally I'll hand back my library card now, as this non-sequiter clearly defines me as being illerate/illiterate/biscuits.

Does disparaging the US and it's literacy rate make me illiterate, or a moron? You seem rather imprecise about this.
                            I normally ignore spelling errors, but this was egregious. Probably a combination of nature and nurture are responsible for your being a moron. Ask your mom.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Aren't the Sunni in the south?

Forgive me if I got the geography wrong. I was just trying to say that the Brits had an easier time of it.
                              ****tes in the South, Kurds in the North(believe they are ****te also?), with the Sunnis in the center. the ****te are the majority.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Ok then.

Comment

Working...
                                X