What religion are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

But as Abraham Joshua Heschel said, Israel is NOT one species of the genus "nation" it is the ONLY species of the genus "israel".
    The whole point of creating categories is comparison. ****ing around with that by proclaiming that you cannot be categorised is simply counterproductive.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

bah! this poll does not have agnostic, and athiest is spelled wrong

I'm not an athiest by any long shot!
      Yes, "atheist" is spelled wrong.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

@all

This thread is the funniest I ever red. I am laughing to tears.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Comment

question: If the virgin mary had anal or oral sex, would she still be a virgin?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

You may not believe in HIM, but HE may still believe in YOU (whether that makes HIM benevolent or not is quite another matter)
              Why shouldnt He believe in azazel? at least he exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                question: If the virgin mary had anal or oral sex, would she still be a virgin?

Comment

I wonder if the virgin mary was hot.

If she was, she wouldn't have been a virgin. Duh.

Huh, what virgin??? She get's pregnant from someone other then jozef, that's not a virgin, but a two timing slut in my book.
                  I have to hand it to her, she came up with one hell of an excuse.
                  It was quite a liberal family, wasn't it.
                  Free love for the parents and a son who was gay, couldn't have been easy in them days.
                  -
                  Oh, should I mention that I'm not too big a fan of religion?

I was baptised and did my ' little communion' (that thing you at the age af around 6, it's called 'little communion' here) because of school pressure but refused to do the real one at age 12. Damned hyprotical nonsense, everyone was doing it to get the presents, Pffff.
                  Besides, it collieded with football practice.

OOh and another thing, do you know you can't even get un-baptised? you can, but as far as the church is concerned, it doesn't count. Once baptised...always baptised.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Actually, I'm a pagan. Most pagans are to be avoided because they spend a lot of their time whining about how the christians oppress them - presumably because they aren't allowed to bloodeagle christians or feed them to lions any more. I don't whine like that because I feel sorry for anyone who has so little imagination they can only conceptualise one god.

(it also means you can believe in your own way without any of that organised religion crap)

There you go Spec, now you can include another category in your knowledge of religions.
                    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

There are ober 5 million Protestant. They call them selfs protestants and not christian, thus my choice in the poll

Maybe, I have no idea.

Spec.
                      Actually there are over 700 million Protestants worldwide. There are ove one billion Catholics and 200+ million Orthodox.

In the past I have more often encountered Protestants who believe that Catholics are not truly Christian than I have encountered people who believe that Protestants are not truly Chrisitian. Back in the old days many southern fundamentalists thought that Catholics worshiped the Pope and the saints. They also believed that Catholics could not be considered good Americans because they pledged themselves to a foreign power, the Vatican. Many of these beliefs originated in the first two decades of the twentieth century when American workers, who then were overwhelmingly Protestant worried about being replaced by imported Catholic workers from Italy and Poland. Early in American history there was particularily a great deal of anti-Catholic sentiment especially in the north where many of the people came from Calvinist and Anabaptist families who had been subjected to persecution by certain European Catholic governments.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Jewish by birth and upbringing, agnostic in practise, with Buddhist leanings.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

There are ove one billion Catholics

I'm not going to debate the numbers, but they do count, for example most of europe in. Now I'm more then willing to take you on a tour visiting some churches, let me tell that besides the priest and 2 or 3 old ladies with full blown alzheimer you are very unlikely to see anyone in the house of the lord.
                          Like I said before, born a catholic, always a catholic, nothing you can do about it.
                          Anabaptist families

Never heard of this one before. What's special about them?

Actually, I'm a pagan. Most pagans are to be avoided because they spend a lot of their time whining about how the christians oppress them

[troll]
                          No, thats Islam
                          [/troll]
                          Pagan is good, they are the only ones who are trully allowed to celebrate christmas
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Yes, "atheist" is spelled wrong.
                            and what about "Boudist"???

I'm still laughing....
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

How long before this thread becomes a flame war?
                              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I am a member of the athesit church

btw: there are WAY more than 5 million protestants
                                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X