What religion are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spec

Dude, when I was 6 months old, and I got baptised, It wasn't my decision. So I am baptised but I dont practice. So, I DID make up my mind.

Spec.
    Some papist clown splashed some water on my head, too. So what. I'm an Atheist, nothing else.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Gee, Spec, you really tried hard to look as big a dumbass as possible, on this one!

, I was about to say the same thing. Obvious the poll was done by someone who doesn't know about religion .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nope. It comes naturaly. Since I dont know shlt about religion, cuz frankly, I dont give a lousy shlt about it, I just made a poll to try and see how many people here celebrate christmas and who deosn't.
        And I dont mind looking like a dumbass on a subject I know nothing about. Everybody is ignorant but we are not all ignorant of the same things.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Nope. It comes naturaly. Since I dont know shlt about religion, cuz frankly, I dont give a lousy shlt about it, I just made a poll to try and see how many people here celebrate christmas and who deosn't.
          And I dont mind looking like a dumbass on a subject I know nothing about. Everybody is ignorant but we are not all ignorant of the same things.

Spec.
          so why not do a polll on who celebrates christmas?
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Azazel: I like Spec, but he does do that a lot, but then I'm one to talk

To answer the question; I was baptised protestant, confirmed Lutheran, reprogrammed as a Deist... I celebrate christmas in honor of my upbringing and for my wife who is a Christan (non-dem, german church)...
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm a member of the protestant church, but I don't believe in god.
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                so why not do a polll on who celebrates christmas?
                Because then I only have a:''No I dont'' without a reason. I wanted to know why and the percentage of religions we have here.
                Stop bashing me on my lack of knowledge about religion. It's normal that somebody lacks knowledge about something. It just doesn't interest me, I hate religion.
                For example, if we talk about, I dont know, cars for instance. I probably forgot more about cars than 10 of you here know about them. And if you ask questions, I wont bash you, make you feel like asses in front of everyone. I'll answer you and correct you.

AGAIN: Everybody is ignorant but we are not all ignrant about the same things.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Oh, well, if celebrating Christmas is the root question, then the answer is yes. I love Santa, giving, receiving, family, friends, food, and yet another showing of "It's a Wonderful Life". Just leave the religion out of it.

My five year old asked me the other day if baby jesus was Santa Clause. Took me off-guard - where did he hear about baby jesus? Anyway, I said yes, he is. Anything to advance the mythology.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I voted "athesit" but that was before I saw the option below it. I'm a confirmed Catholic, but not by choice

Comment

There are ober 5 million Protestant. They call them selfs protestants and not christian, thus my choice in the poll
                      Are you kidding?!

Ask a Protestant if he calls himself a Christian and see what he says. Your statement is akin to saying Sunnis aren't Muslims!

OF COURSE they are Christians, and they call themselves such. Protestantism is just a name for a group of Christian sects, differentiated from Catholicism, Orthodoxism or Mormonism, etc.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Because then I only have a:''No I dont'' without a reason. I wanted to know why and the percentage of religions we have here.
                        Stop bashing me on my lack of knowledge about religion. It's normal that somebody lacks knowledge about something. It just doesn't interest me, I hate religion.
                        For example, if we talk about, I dont know, cars for instance. I probably forgot more about cars than 10 of you here know about them. And if you ask questions, I wont bash you, make you feel like asses in front of everyone. I'll answer you and correct you.

AGAIN: Everybody is ignorant but we are not all ignrant about the same things.

Spec.

I dont know about cars, but id ask about them before id set up a poll about them that required some knowledge of them.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Comment

For example,
                            Ok, then ask Do you celebrate Christmas

1. Yes
                            2. No, im not a christian
                            3-N. Other reasons

Instead you asked what religion we all are. Seems to me you DO "give a sh*t" about religion, but arent willing to acknowledge it.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              I dont know about cars, but id ask about them before id set up a poll about them that required some knowledge of them.
                              Well I didn't think it would stir such a pot. It's a freakin poll....

So who cares?

...ok...you do....

But why do you care?

Spec.

Comment

I admit I tend to change my views slightly because of peer pressure.

I used to consider myself a christian. Then I kind of drifted into a plain old spiritual person (I tend to worship the earth more than any god- I'm a environmentalist nut ), but now I consider myself more agnostic.

I'll never let you guys turn me into an athiest though . I'm mostly agnostic I guess. But I still feel a sort of spiritual connection when I'm out in the wild amonst nature. I can't explain it. Must be my native american roots

Comment

Working...
                                X