Sad Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    You beat the crap out of the USP guy and then yell "That's what Brown can do for me!" then issue them a brown card for dramatic effect.
    You're too much of a newb to issue brown cards.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That really sucks... feel bad for the guy.

I'll look for the thread tomorrow with the happy ending... I HOPE.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
        Dan only insured it for $2500 because he was already going into serious debt for the ring.
        Going into debt? That's seriously bad. I dunno if Caroline would that that.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I hate to be the party pooper Boris, but why in the hell did he spend $4000 on the engagement ring? Shouldn't he have saved that for the wedding ring and/or the wedding?

Does anyone agree that spending ludicrious amounts for a ring that'll be worn until the wedding insane. I'm surprised that you didn't try to dissuade him from this...
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

**** christmas -- it's just a stupid commercialized piece of **** anyways
            **** diamonds -- they are mined by slaves and kids in africa
            **** UPS -- those brown dressing crooks

misery loves company
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
              Does anyone agree that spending ludicrious amounts for a ring that'll be worn until the wedding insane. I'm surprised that you didn't try to dissuade him from this...
              Uh, women wear their engagement rings after the wedding, too, along with the wedding ring. It's worn for life--ok, for the duration of a marriage.

Anyhoo,

HAPPY ENDING!

UPS called at 1:00 AM and said they've found it and it will be delivered today. Of course, Dan's still nervous as hell and will be until it gets delivered, but this is a good sign that things will be ok.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

good to hear this.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

I love a happy ending.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Let's wait to see if it shows up before you proclaim a happy ending
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Plus, she still has to say yes...

Good luck, Dan!
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

How could he not insure something like that for the full amount?

Maybe it will still turn up. Otherwise it will be a hard lesson that he's learned.

Comment

This insane money thing makes no sense to me.
                          I mean, Love is free (moneywise; it takes time and effort), right? And 'gifts' aren't nescesarily monetary.

Come to think of it, Why isn't his (ring guy) presence on christmas day reward enough? Surely time with loved ones holds some nonmonetary value...

I'd never want a hole in my pocket for a wife anyway! :P

(I apologise to all capitalists confused by the phrase "Nonmonetary value")

Comment

Could be worse, my cousin got dumped by her bf of four years last Christmas Eve...

But good to hear its been found, all's well that ends well.
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

The value of the ring isn't what's really important. Dan's primary concern is that he has the gift he wanted to give her. They've been seeing each other for many years now, and I've no doubt they are right for each other. Caroline has been waiting for this, and it's gotten to a point where she has wondered if he is ever going to ask. Until now, Dan's job situation has been pretty unstable, but he's recently found a very good steady job working for Colin Quinn, so he's in the right place to do this.

I guess if you haven't been in a situation like this, you won't understand. Married guys can tell you how it is. Poor saps.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                                Could be worse, my cousin got dumped by her bf of four years last Christmas Eve...

But good to hear its been found, all's well that ends well.
                                I told my best friend from college this tale yesterday. His engagement to a girl he'd dated for 5 years recently collapsed into a smoldering heap. After I told him, I remarked, "hey, if this had happened to you, it would have saved you a lot of trouble!"
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X