Sad Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but he's recently found a very good steady job working for Colin Quinn

Are you sure you meant to say this? Working for Colin Quinn isn't my idea of job security. Is "Tough Crowd" still on the air? If so, how much longer do you think it'll last?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes, it's still on. It's been renewed for another full season, and is enjoying its best ratings to date.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Don't get me wrong; I loved Tough Crowd and used to watch it all the time. That being said, they are asking for the axe with some of the material they do. Then again, maybe they've toned down the politically incorrect stuff since I left.
        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 23, 2003, 10:53.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

HAPPY ENDING!

UPS called at 1:00 AM and said they've found it and it will be delivered today. Of course, Dan's still nervous as hell and will be until it gets delivered, but this is a good sign that things will be ok.
          I can only imagine the scene at the UPS driver's house. He's on one knee, proposing to his girlfriend as he's sliding the $4500 ring onto her finger. Then the phone rings....

UPS Driver: Hello?

UPS Manager: You gotta bring that ring back, the guy called!

UPS Driver: Tell him to claim the insurance. I've already put the ring on my gir's finger.

UPS Manager: This one won't fly...they are talking about it on apolyton.net!!!!

UPS Driver: Oh crap! It's 1 AM, but I'll drive it over now!

UPS Manager: The guys at FedEx are going to eat me alive.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

One of the funniest post ever at apolyton.

I'm glad he got the ring back.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

excellent.
              B♭3

Comment

Wait a second... TWO rings for a wedding??? That's insanity! I think that at the marriage ceremony the engagement ring should become the wedding ring, just as the engagement becomes the marriage. What if a person doesn't want to wear that many rings???

Ludicrous.
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

monolith: just be happy you're not living in a country with "couple rings"
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                    monolith: just be happy you're not living in a country with "couple rings"
                    Ha-Ha!
                    [/nelson laugh]

Has she asked you to wear the same clothes as her yet?
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

There surely can't be anyway your roomate is liable if the ring is lost if he hasn't signed for receipt of it (unless US laws are drastically different from the UK)

UPS tracking isn't worth a w@nk, I tracked a telescope I'd bought that at 1pm was in Stutgart, Germany and yet by 1:15pm the same afternoon was on my doorstep in the North of England! Amazingly by 1:30pm it had manged to get back to Stutgart despite still being in my kitchen!!

Comment

Re: Sad Christmas

Glad to hear it looks like it will still make it for xmas!
                        Last edited by mindseye; December 23, 2003, 22:51.
                        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

"monolith: just be happy you're not living in a country with "couple rings"

Actually, that could be convenient. At a glance, I could see who is available, and who is not!
                          Drake Tungsten
                          Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                            I hate to be the party pooper Boris, but why in the hell did he spend $4000 on the engagement ring? Shouldn't he have saved that for the wedding ring and/or the wedding?

Does anyone agree that spending ludicrious amounts for a ring that'll be worn until the wedding insane. I'm surprised that you didn't try to dissuade him from this...
                            The engagement ring is the one with diamonds on it that costs a ****load of money. The wedding ring is usually a plain band and is much less expensive. The woman wears both on the same finger after she's married.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Actually, that could be convenient. At a glance, I could see who is available, and who is not!

Who cares if a girl has a boyfriend?
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ummmm, presumably the girl does.
                                Drake Tungsten
                                Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                                X