No announcement yet.

Should the Rooskies NUKE Chechnia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that's another problem, no real power, who can you even negotiate with...

I party agree with the rest what you said.
    Basically I run out of anything to say. I hope the terrorism stops, then after that, that the war stops. That's all.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, the Islamic radicals are not fighting only the west. They are fighting everywhere, including the Muslim countries of central Asia and in China's Sinkiang province. They want to drive out the non Islamic elements and to impose Wahhabi Islamic Republics in all countries of Islam. The continued invasion of Dagestan are for this purpose.

This is truly a World War as the entire world is involved.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        the Islamic radicals are not fighting only the west. They are fighting everywhere, including the Muslim countries of central Asia and in China's Sinkiang province.
        As far as Xinjiang is concerned, it's more about the native people objecting to the oppression and ethnic cleansing/dilution China is performing there. More info here: http://www.google.com/search?domains...O.x=23&GO.y=11
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

As far as Xinjiang is concerned, it's more about the native people objecting to the oppression and ethnic cleansing/dilution China is performing there. More info here: http://www.google.com/search?domains...O.x=23&GO.y=11
          Combat Ingrid, the migration of Han Chinese into province is the kind of enthic cleansing California experienced during the gold rush.

Admittedly, though, China is a communist state and, as do all communist states, they are somewhat ruthless in suppressing dissent.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Russia has neutron weapons?

Comment

Shhh.. nobody told you that.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Yes, Russia has the neutron bomb.

Regarding whether Russia should withdraw, I think there could be a case made for it, with the thought that it's a tactical withdrawal. Centralizing your enemy might seem like a bad idea, but sometimes it makes them a lot more vulnerable. Fill Chechnya to the brim with spies and assassins and then withdraw your troops. See if the Chechen rebels can even turn on the lights under these circumstances.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Its a saturn V!! I'm a space nut!!
                  You're a nut, period.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

DanS:

You're a nut, period.
                    I think I need a nuke to crack them! And its not even a hard nut, its a pistacio!!! Why wont the bloody thing open?!?!?!?!
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

"OF COURSE THEY SHOULDN'T YOU STRANGE PEOPLE

Jesus Christ what a dumb question! Thousands/tens of thousands of dead, land polluted for centuries, global international tension and economic consequences. To abuse a former secretary of the US navy, it gives me great hope that the world has a weapon it hasn't used for 58 years.
                      [Insert Whaleboy's standard terrorism argument here]
                      Does this thread really require further serious refutation, because I don't know if it's just me, its just a plain ridiculous proposition, though having said that, as is the use of any nuke."

Nuke the gay black whales.

"Pekka, the Islamic radicals are not fighting only the west. They are fighting everywhere, including the Muslim countries of central Asia and in China's Sinkiang province. They want to drive out the non Islamic elements and to impose Wahhabi Islamic Republics in all countries of Islam. The continued invasion of Dagestan are for this purpose.

This is truly a World War as the entire world is involved."

-Somebody gets it! Cudos to Ned.

Rather fight this odd world war than the cold war. Little threat today of swarms of nuke missiles wiping out civilization, that's good. We find ourselves in a world war in the global sense, but not one to beat the plowshares over or take much butter off tables. Indeed, should it turn into the jihad that the terrorists seek, it will be over in a matter of hours and Israel will have a ****load of additional parking.

World war it may be, but eh.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                      X