No announcement yet.

Should the Rooskies NUKE Chechnia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEE, NOT THAT I'M SAYING THAT APARTMENT BUILDING DESERVED TO BE BLOWN UP AFTER THE WITHDRAWAL. JUST THAT MANY CHECHYN APARTMENT BUILDINGS WERE BEFORE COLLAPSED BY RUSSIAN HANDS. SO I GUESS IT'S JUST PUTTING THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE IS ALL, I SORTA GUESS, I THINK. THAT'S ALL I'M REALLY SAYING.

NOT THAT I SUPPORT THE TERRORISTS DECISION TO DO SO, OR ANYTHING KINDA SORTA LIKE THAT. JUST THAT MAYBE THEY DESERVED IT, BUT NOT REALLY. JUST GIVING A DIFFERENT VIEW ON THE SUBJECT; PUTTING A SPIN ON THE BARREL. GLAD YOU GUYS COULD USE MY VALUED HELP HERE.

Comment

The Russians RAZED Grozny. That's more than a few apartment buildings...

EDIT: Zylka, cool down your pill diet. CAPITAL LETTERS ARE SOOO ANNOYING
      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Also they grabbed/kidnapped UN aide workers and others including an American citizen around that time frame as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
          Not that I support terrorism, but how many apartment buildings did the Russians blow in Chechnya?
          I have no idea but that shouldn't be an excuse for (some) Chechens to do the same (within their physical possibilities).
          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

The Russians RAZED Grozny. That's more than a few apartment buildings...

EDIT: Zylka, cool down your pill diet. CAPITAL LETTERS ARE SOOO ANNOYING
            They're soooo legit too. So tell me, Queen Pacifist - what exactly are you arguing here in regards to that apartment bombing after the withdrawal? That it was justified from the previous raze and therefore should have been let slide, or perhaps even that it was a good idea altogether?

Hard to tell if you're bringing anything to the table other than "I'm just sayings", or the tell tale select side hypocrisy of a "pacifist". Take your pick, or prove me wrong.

Comment

Some houses were blown. I'm very critical about any news from that area, and normally don't trust anything by default. Perhaps It's still in my backbone since the cold war. I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist, but in this case, it might have been former KGB who did it to justify a second war.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Some houses were blown. I'm very critical about any news from that area, and normally don't trust anything by default. Perhaps It's still in my backbone since the cold war. I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist, but in this case, it might have been former KGB who did it to justify a second war.
                Great. Of course it probably has nothing to do with some batsh*t pack of 20-40 year old males "avenging" their families' deaths and acting on poorly percieved principles of the Quaran. Taking such a scenario into consideration would somehow be "racist" - so let's assume otherwise.

Comment

I'm not trying to imply anything here, or say something, but I'm saying the whole **** has multiple layers. No, blowing up Russian citizens is not justified. I'm not trying to say anything like that. But I'm saying, it's complex situation, and I fail get it in simple ways. I'm a strong supporter of killing terrorists where ever they set their foot. But..... it's like this, when you hear about Israel and bombings there, which thank God have been more quiet than usual, we hear about the same amount of news in there, both sides being just about as evil as other, even to an extent, where Chechnyan terrorists acts, but still I'm not ready to say Checnya is to blame. But before you say anything, I said before, I DO condone terrorism and what has happened in Russia. It's just that messed up. That's why I think they should just pull out and figure different approach, believe me this is not working. Or just come here watch the news, countless documentaries and articles. Yes, from both sides.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                    CO your right. But remeber that Stalin wiped all the intellectual gene heritage out of russia. They are simply not capable of doing anything right
                    We'll be back. Remember that, you arrogant representative of a small and purposeless nation of Philistines.
                    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Zylka, that conspiracy theory is very popular. It doesn't make it true, but there has been high Russian officials confirming them. I don't know if they are true or not, facts remain that civilians are dead though. It's gone so far there, that I don't know if it's effective and constructive to look at that case only.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

They should probably pull out of the area, agreed. Yet the second (whatever) bombing during such times of armistice probably won't lend too much of a reserved Russian return.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Zylka, that conspiracy theory is very popular. It doesn't make it true, but there has been high Russian officials confirming them. I don't know if they are true or not, facts remain that civilians are dead though. It's gone so far there, that I don't know if it's effective and constructive to look at that case only.
                          Really. Well then I for one will listen. What gains would Russia have to pull such off, even in the long run? They sure don't seem to be gaining much in all else

Comment

Zylka, yeah.. and I don't have answers to the real problems there either.. but that war is crappy one, and it needs to stop even with some sacrifices.... that's all.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Zylka, well the conspiracy theory itself is lengthy one, and I'm not the one answering them . Maybe Chemical Ollie can help you out. Let's say it would make sense if it was true, and there are mixed signals, but then again it's not really confirmed and as such it is just a theory, not fact.

edit: but Russia as a country wouldn't not benefit from it. Someone else can fill me in here. I don't feel comfortable talking about it, and I don't like taking sides in this whole conflict.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                                What the Russians need to do is actively support America, Britain and Israel in the war on extremist Muslim terror. The Russians cannot win in Chechnya unless and until the larger question is resolved.
                                Yes, Russia should support America, Britain and Israel, but up to the point they can be trusted. Let me tell you what will happen when the "larger question" is resolved (not that I believe it can be resolved in the near future, if at all). The West will simply escalate its demonizing of Russia in the Chechen campaign, and the pressure on Russia will become unsustainable. Now, in view of Russia's resolve and the war on terror, the "criticism" has had to be toned down.
                                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Working...
                                X