No announcement yet.

I've been up for 30 hours straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait!!! Don't stay up!!! This would be the *PERFECT* time for a lucid dream!!!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Why fight it, Oerdin? You know you want to sleep ... sleep ... yes, sleep ... oh, God, glorious sleep ... dreaming of gorgeous women ... soft, plush pillow ... nice, thick quilt ... soft bed ... sleep ... yes, must sleep ...
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I used to be a medical resident. It was my job then to stay up 36 hours every third day.

Try wearing a beeper with a really shrill tone that goes off every ten minutes.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          I used to be a medical resident. It was my job then to stay up 36 hours every third day.

Try wearing a beeper with a really shrill tone that goes off every ten minutes.
          living like that seems hell on earth to me
          sleep is a god's delight; everybody should at least get 10 hours of sleep: obligatory
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The longest I've ever gone without sleep was 72 hours and it was done with the aid of *AHEM* chemical stimulants while in college.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              30 hours?

Amateur.
              I don't have the physiological ability to stay up longer than around 30 hours.

I start to hallucinate at 24 hours, and can literally fall asleep while walking at that point.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                No insult to you, but I hope I never catch a medical resident on his 36th hour as my doctor.

That's ****ing retarded. I literally see things that aren't there after that long awake. Ooh look; let's remove his appendix. Doctor! that's his spleen!
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comment

longest i went was nearly sixty hours. the hardest part is pushing through the circadian rhythms. once you do that, you're good for another few hours.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

definitley move around alot, keep drinking lots and lots of water

and people please do not try to stay awake for more than a day if you have to

that sh1t will mess up your heart
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My record is also 72 hours. It wasn't pretty. I'm going for 96...
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

<----- 1000 hours
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My record is seven times in one night...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

good lawd

you need some serious powerade for that player

Comment

Working...
                                X