I've been up for 30 hours straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been up for 30 hours straight.

So what do you folks like to do in order to stay awake during all nighters? I drink lots of coffee and try to stay busy with the work I have to do. Is there a better way?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Refrain from reading your posts.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Playing Civ is quite efficient for staying awake.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

The problem I have is for the next week I'm going to be working the grave yard shift. My boss won't let me play civ.

BTW Agathon it's good to know we've been helping each other sleep for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          The problem I have is for the next week I'm going to be working the grave yard shift. My boss won't let me play civ.

BTW Agathon it's good to know we've been helping each other sleep for years.
          No trouble.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Up 30 hours, eh?
            Want a medal, or a chest to pin it on?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Naw, I just want advice on how to stay a wake even longer with a minimium of side effects.

Comment

A new hot girl every hour.

That works for me. It's called the "Coolidge Effect".
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Too late. Hallucinations will start momentarily.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Some side effects are going to be unavoidable. At some point, coffee won't work anymore, however, mild exercise will work to a degree.

I remember staying up four straight days in college. By the fourth day I was definitely hallucinating. I tried to go to class and pay attention, but my mind was completely blank. I kept freaking out because I thought ants were climbing all over me.

Well, anyway, good luck with that!
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I stayed up for four days once. I had the flu and couldn't sleep. I don't know what was driving me mad, the pain, or the fact that I had to sit up for four nights staring at a wall.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

The only way, if you don't want to use cofein and things like that is to make you uncomfortable as much as possible. BUt it's hard after that much of not sleeping. Dip your nutsacks in ice cold water. Take a supercold shower. Hit yourself hard. Eyegauge yourself until you feel a stinging pain in your head. Stomp your toes. Pull a good wad of hair out of your haid.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Message Kassi.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Pekka, I never want you as my health care provider.

Comment

30 hours?

Amateur.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X