I've been up for 30 hours straight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloww,

But seriously, don't try that dipping thing.. it can be actually dangerous, and I don't want to be responsible if you don't ever get kids if you get some ideas reading that.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

taking Speed might help.

Comment

Not bad, but still not up to par with Kassiopeia's feat :unworhty:

BTW, I slept 9 hours these last two days, and I'm tired as hell. But now that my exam is finally over (1,7 baby! ), I'll go to bed now
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Oh nice typo! pulling hear out of your haid.. that's what you get when you mix up hair and head. Maybe I'm the one who should get some sleep.

edit: pullig hear.. pulling hair! damn it!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

This is going to sound really stupid but when I was on CQ or Staff Duty the best way I found to stay awake was to put together a plastic model. They took away radio, tv, and video games so I had an old model I hadn't messed with in a few years and worked on it.

I guess having to pay attention to the detail and what not was good for keeping me awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Naw, I just want advice on how to stay a wake even longer with a minimium of side effects.
              Sorry. All methods of staying awake will lead to exhaustion, with symptoms as serious as hallucinations, psychotic/suicidal episodes and an extremely low tolerance to humour.

I wouldn't recommend it - but one thing that always works for me is stress. If I'm under stress I can go for days without sleeping, with all the aforementioned side effects.

Chemicals can block the physical symptons, but eventually your brain will insist on a dream even if you are wide awake - see hallucinations above.

So my advice is - don't. Not unless you have a bloody good reason.
              Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
              "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                The problem I have is for the next week I'm going to be working the grave yard shift. My boss won't let me play civ.
                Will your boss be there all night? Surely he'd be most interested in a new "training package", especially one that incorporates some of the great leadership ideas of history!

Comment

So ppl. with no money to afford drugs can get cool psychotic hallucinations just by staying awake?!
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

My advise will help only for the last hour.

Beer.

For the first hour it will act as a stimulent.
                    It also helps because after the hour it will help you fall asleep instead of the wired feeling you get sometimes after a long haul like that.

Motivate with beer, not with fear.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by DanielXY
                      So ppl. with no money to afford drugs can get cool psychotic hallucinations just by staying awake?!
                      Correct.

Bear in mind hallucinations can be bad as well as good.

EDIT: One natural stimulant that's OK (in the UK at least) and available is khat, also called chard.

It's a bit tough to chew (idea is you chew the wood and swallow the juice) but it's nice and mild, making you alert rather than anxious.
                      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

30 is not bad, but I regularly do 55'ers without the need for coffee, and without hallucinations.

The best thing to do is move around once in a while.. go exercise for a moment (I mean do a few sprints around the block ) and when you get back you'll feel fresh again!

also if you get tired at critical moments: eat a banana for quick energy boosts!
                        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Hallucinations? From staying awake? I always thought that was only in extreme cases, like weeks awake. I once did about 90-100 hours awake to do an essay. Started it about 10am Friday and finished it at midday Monday, then went into school to turn it in. Felt quite euphoric, and it involved about a cup or two per day of coffee, but I was so into the work I didn't really feel tired. Slept well when I got home though.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

48 hours is a piece of cake.
                            Kassi had a 70+ hours of uptime during the last MuroMarathon.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielXY
                              or people with money can speed up the same effect by taking ambien. Why go thru the torture of trying to stay up 50+ hours for hallucination?
                              :-p

Comment

blow.

Or take a hammer and smash your fingers and toes one by one when you feel as if you are succumbing to sleepiness. Even more fun is to smash someone else's fingers and toes one by one - the screaming will definitely keep you awake.
                                -30-

Comment

Working...
                                X