Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar
    Seems so.
    Actually, no. Indymedia has a problem with fact checking, like Zylka.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      Tesla was a brilliant man. A bit of trivia - he offered Tesla Tanks to Yugoslavian government waaay back, some time around WW I. They refused him.
      Yugoslavia didn't exist until after WWI.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh, I thought they were going to be like the tanks used in Panama, blasting Tesla glam metal at unsuspecting Iraqis.

That truly would have been horrible.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          Tesla was a brilliant man. A bit of trivia - he offered Tesla Tanks to Yugoslavian government waaay back, some time around WW I. They refused him.

The rumour is US still did not lift the seal of secrecy from his numerous inventions of which they hold patents.
          Didn't he also have a long range Deathray?

I thought he went nuts because Westinghouse and Edison were consistantly recognized as smarter than him.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Genius and madness are not too far from each other.

Comment

Edison stole the light bulb from Tesla...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ahm che, my english is not perfect but doesn't the 'around WW I' encompass the period shortly after it?

Anyway I think he died in poverty. He never knew how to cash in his genius, but at least he got a measurement unit named after him! Edison didn't, did he?

Comment

Didn't it have a different name at first?

Comment

Tesla was Serbian

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He used to say he is proud of his "Serbian kin and Croatian homeland". He was a Serb from Croatia.

Since both countries nowadys have institutions carrying his name, put him on currency and such, you could even say he is somewhat contested between the two.

AFAIK, Nikola Tesla is his only name.

Comment

that's fine, my grandmother was Croatian... I just like giving you guys ****...
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I hope that isn't her in your avatar

Comment

that's TIMMAY foo!

do they have South Park in Croatia?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sure we do. That must be a girlfriend of the boy in the wheelchair then? I haven't seen that episode.

Comment

no that's gangster timmay from the "Krazy Krips" episode...
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X