Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Gore will endorse Howard Dean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Rufus, most Republicans are welcoming a Dean candidacy thinking he will be easy to beat. I don't share their overconfidence because Dean does inspire his base as once did Hitler. He could get so many Democrats to the polls that they could win with only Democrat votes. Screw the Republicans and Independents.

It is simply hard to imagine a person of such extreme views and rabid personality being president.

In contrast, McCain is only slightly to the left and for the most part talks in very muted tones, with calm reason.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Meanwhile, it's worth remmbering who the last guy was who got tarred by the Right-Wing Media as being "too angry" to be president: John McCain. Sounds to me like Dean is in excellent company.

Could you please not insult John McCain by equating him with Howard Dean? I respect the guy...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I saw a clip on BBC where the Gore was talking about why he was endorsing Dean. For some reason it cracked me up - Gorester appeared to be drunk or medicated.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

There's a reason Dean has gone from joke to dark-horse to long-shot to candidate-to-beat. Dean's anger is working because lots of people are angry, and have been for years -- and they think it's about time someone noticed (feel free to compare this, rightly, to the GOP and the 1994 midterm elections). Kerry, Lieberman, Gephardt, Edwards -- all the more "legitimate," "serious" candidates -- either didn't pick up on this or chose to ignore it. Now a couple of them -- Kerry and Gephardt -- are using it as a campaign posture, but it's obviously just a tactic. Dean's the real deal; if he's frothing at the mouth, well, good for him; every Democrat I know is frothing at the mouth, and its about time our pathetic electoral system gave us someone to vote for.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            ... but did you really just use the term "Jewess"?
            'Jewess' is an inapropriate word?

Edit: I checked my dictionary and it says it is sometimes used offensively. In this case it was not.
            Last edited by Tripledoc; December 11, 2003, 08:11.

Comment

i love how the right complains bitterly about how the left links bush to hitler, and then goes on and links dean to hitler instead.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                He could get so many Democrats to the polls that they could win with only Democrat votes. Screw the Republicans and Independents.
                You do understand that this is how political parties are supposed to work, right?
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  He could get so many Democrats to the polls that they could win with only Democrat votes. Screw the Republicans and Independents.
                  Except Republicans and independants outnumber Democrats.

The only way it could happen is if a very high number of democrats voted and a very low number of republicans and moderates didn't. That is unlikely.
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                  X