• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinaman?

oookay.
    B♭3

Comment

gen tso or lo mein. But since Im poor I get lot more lo mein.

Actually I dont eat chinese too often. And if i do, I only order from my friend's parent's restaurant. I heard some ****ed up **** from my friend and I hope he's trustworthy enough.
      :-p

Comment

Make your own, it's much cheaper that way.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          Chineese food is delicious, just like sweet chineese girls.

My personnal best are vegetable and meat mix in the Wok. I dont know how to make it but my sister really makes it exquisite. Mmmmmmmmm.....Think I'll call her and ask what she's doing saturday night.

Spec.
          You incestuous little pervert

Me, I'm a sucker for sweet and sour myself
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
            XinJiang cuisine is heavy on lamb, cumin, oninons, tomatoes, garlic, and nan (a kind of bread).
            I'm not sure what cross-culture contact was like between ancient China and India, but that sounds damn similar to northern Indian cooking. Especially the nan bread. Is it flat, leavened bread like Indian Naan is?
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              I'm not sure what cross-culture contact was like between ancient China and India, but that sounds damn similar to northern Indian cooking.
              Don't think so, since Xinjiang are mostly muslims whose ancestors came from the steppes of Central Asia.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It sounds exactly like northern Indian cuisine.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Don't think so, since Xinjiang are mostly muslims whose ancestors came from the steppes of Central Asia.
                  Northern India was heavily influenced by steppe people in the form of the Aryan invasion and then the Moghul (a corruption of Mongol) Empires. The first Moghul Emperor was from an Afgani family line.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

The bestI can do is to tell you about what I like best from the "Americanized" buffett:

Gen Tso's Chicken
                    Chicken on a stick
                    Mongolian Beef
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Chinaman?

oookay.
                      The correct response is, "Chinaman isn't the proper nomenclature. Asian-American please."
                      Last edited by Ramo; November 29, 2003, 15:05.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                        i like crab rangoon.
                        Isn't that Burmese. Then again Burma has a huge sex trade business so having rangoon crabs might not be a good thing.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Won-ton soup is my favorite.
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

Egg Drop soup is good too.

Comment

Hot and Sour soup, dammit
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                                The correct response is, "Chinaman isn't the proper nomenclature. Asian-American please."
                                Except UR lives in Hong Kong. He's a man who lives in China ergo he is a "Chinaman".

I admite it is a very outdated noun but it's as valid as calling someone an Englishman or a Scotsman.

Comment

Working...
                                X