Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: U.S. budget deficit "out of control"

Originally posted by el freako
    Actually GWB has presided over a large rise in government spending, both military and civilian (both of them are up by around 1% of GDP)
    Oh, but "that kind of increase is acceptable". Don't all economist know that?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Yes, conservative Dems

But not Republicans... which was the point .
      Letter of the law to defeat spirit of the law, and all that..

Hmm, from georgia..WHERE IS MY MONEY! (unless you are in Jersey, which means you were stealing from yourself for a while).
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Re: Re: U.S. budget deficit "out of control"

Originally posted by GePap

Oh, but "that kind of increase is acceptable". Don't all economist know that?
        No...We don't. The military is understandable, but domestic spending was already out of control and then now...I guess I just don't understand.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hmm, from georgia..WHERE IS MY MONEY! (unless you are in Jersey, which means you were stealing from yourself for a while).

We stole it fair and square so deal .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Our federal government is running a large surplus.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: U.S. budget deficit "out of control"

Originally posted by PLATO
              The military is understandable
              Why? The US's current enemies are a few hundred nutcases with perhaps a billion dollars between them.

Neither the terrorists or the insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan warrant the billions of extra dollars which are being spent on buying new weapons. If Bush had any idea of fiscal disipline, those purchases would be put on the backburner untill the deficit calms down.

Incidently, did anybody else read the article in The Economist on this a few weeks ago? You've got to worry when conservative magazines like that one state that the US is on the road to fiscal ruin.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Well he has to make profits for Haliburton and other campaign contributors somehow.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

It's usually typical for countries at war to run large deficits.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Another consolation is that we we're nowhere near as bad off as France and Germany. In 2003, we will run a deficit of 4% or 4.5% of our economy and will have economic growth of 3%. Germany and France will run deficits of 3.5% or 4% and have no economic growth to show for it.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Can we have it until we kick the current jackass out of office?

Bush - Spend more, tax less. Surely the kind of wise fiscal care that Repugnantcans want to show.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Good for you.

On the other hand, you didn't have a recession in 2001 like we did, so I guess it's understandable.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          So is ours, and has been for 6 years straight.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's because your debt was insanely high and you needed to reduce it.

Comment

Of course if this was a Democrat Administration some of the apologists on this thread would be screaming blue murder - you know who you are.

Comment

Vote Lib, the only party which will never run a deficit.
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X