No announcement yet.

When did the last hero die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spelling was fine; everybody messes it up. Saying he was from the Kansas, OTOH, is a horrendous mistake. Saying a Nebraskan is from Kansas is almost as bad as saying they are from Iowa. It's like calling an Indian a Paki; they're fighting words.

KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Dalai Lama is not a hero. He risks nothing, he fights for the return of slavery to Tibet. He is a reactionary who has fooled a lot of stupid kids into thinking he's something special.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hardly think the Dalai Lama is worse than the Communist Chinese. And the fact still remains that the PRC invaded Tibet.
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

There are plenty of heroes around today. Some people, however, are determined to see only the faults, and those people can make a lot of noise.
          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
            I hardly think the Dalai Lama is worse than the Communist Chinese. And the fact still remains that the PRC invaded Tibet.
            He is far worse. Unless you support slavery, that is.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

When did the last hero die?
              When did Frodo die?
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                The US told the whole world they didn't want any more heroes when the pulled the reins on Patton...

Heroes today are those who do their job, regardless of the consequinces, in order to sustain society.
                And 'ol MacArthur too

"I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

A young British trooper pulled his comrdaes from their burning vehicle which was being attacked by an A10 in the recent war. He was given the highest civillian award for gallantry, apparently they couldn't give him the victoria cross because the A10 wasn't the enemy.!
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                  X