Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All for one and one for all (unless its the British)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for one and one for all (unless its the British)

Small minded petty gits sums up my views

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Europeans go on about the British not being full engaged in europe, but when it comes down to it ther're a bunch of hypocrites.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

I don't understand why these viruses are so prevailent on cruise ships. Noro virus they called it in the article.

I've went on many voyages on navy ships and no one has ever got sick. Except when they chlorinated the water too much. But that wasn't too bad- for me at least. I have a strong stomach. I didn't actually get sick.

I'm thinking these tourists are pussies with weak stomachs. They have no business being on the high seas. Leave that to real men (and women) like the military.

Comment

Evil Spain trying to prevent the virus from spreading
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Yes. The refusal to help sick people in trouble is truly admirable.

To be honest, if this was a Spanish or Greek ship off our coast we'd probably do exactly the same thing, but that wouldn't be right either.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The only people they were to let off were those the medical authoriites said did not have the virus.

The virus is nasty not life threatning. The reason it has had to dock in gibraltar was because our european freinds refused to allow a fellow member of the EU's ill people to be looked after.
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Actually, I disagree. Regardless of the nationality, I believe the UK authorities would allow it to dock.

But if we learn anything about this, its that sometimes even your closest friends can act a little childish, and im sure the UK is considered childish on many other issue's (banging handbags and playing the "Im not talking to you" game under the tories).

So, Spain is acting like a big child who can't have its sweets.... It won't be the last time another EU country does this, and it won't be the last time we do something of similar magnitude to them.

When was the last time a good friend of yours annoyed you by acting childish ?? Im sure you just ignored it and let them realise how silly they looked. So should we.
            "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Remember the case of the "Prestige", the tanker that sunk off the coast of Spain, virtually ruining all the Galician coast?

Well, that was a result of Spain, Portugal and France disagreeing into which coast the disabled ship should seek refuge. They ended up sending it as far away from the coast as possible, so when it sunk, the oil spread to a much larger area than it would have, if the ship were taken into some protected cove.
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

British in trouble again. What else is new Stinger?

Comment

The way I see it, as far as brits are concerned, the rules don't apply for them, (they think). If it's someone else, the rules apply.

Well... think again (for people like stinger). That's not how it goes, what a provincial thinking.

Comment

Hiya Paiktis

I think you will find that our record on implementing EU directives is much better than the average.

Comment

That's why you adopted the euro, right.

Comment

That wasn't a directive. I thought you knew about the EU

Comment

It's much more important than a mere directive and shows your allegded comitment.

Comment

No... when you're in the Eurozone, it's much more sensible to stay ignorant.
                            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Your commitment would be less if you weren't such huge net recipients...
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X