Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Dems are barking up the wrong tree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    Also don't just aim for the democratic base; expand it outward and get the Republican base and moderates pissed off with Bush as well.
    This is the thing that has cost the Dum's so much support over the past decades. By taking their base for granted, more and more of their base has stopped voting or abandoned them for Greener pastures. You have to take care of your base, first and foremost. That's what the Repugs do. If your foundation is sand, you can't have a tent that's all inclusive.

What pisses me off about the yellow stripers (moderates) is they ignore Repug nastiness but get all sanctimonious when the Dem's start to fight back.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
      I don't want to sound ungrateful, but they make a small minority of voters.
      In case you forgot about the last election, a small minority of voters is all it takes.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        No... they won't. But people who have since gotten jobs will know the economy is getting better, and is headed in the right direction
        Depends on the job, don'it? Dotcommers working for the Circle K may not be so understanding.

Comment

yeah... let's blame Bush for the collapse of the Dotcommers...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

As I know personally, and what I'm hearing from other people/friends... many of us are back to work again in positions better than we left
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

In case you forgot about the last election, a small minority of voters is all it takes.
            Quotable material from a commie.

Actually no, the majority will speak.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Edit: nm
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                Actually no, the majority will speak.
                And last time the majority voted for Gore, for all the good it did them.

Ming, I'm not blaiming Bush for the fall of the dot.com bubble. But a lot of people do, cuz that's when their unemployment and severance began running out, and they couldn't easily find a job. Let's face it, most people are kinda ignorant.

Bush, however, did make things worse with his talking down the economy and his deficit-exploding tax cuts for the rich.

Comment

Question for the day: Which President asked for and recieved the largest tax increase in history?

Comment

And last time the majority voted for Gore, for all the good it did them.
                    I meant the majority of the electorate. This isn't a direct democracy, but a republic. Of course commies hate both.

Bush, however, did make things worse with his talking down the economy and his deficit-exploding tax cuts for the rich.
                    No. Then what the hell is this GDP growth?
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Actually, they have their roots in the deregulation of the 1980s. Bush pulled the same stuff at Harken that Enron and all the rest got in trouble for much later. It's just that the Clinton Admin didn't do much about it, and once the Repugs took over, wasn't in a position to do anything about it. Not that this let's the Dums off the hook, since they passed the bills that Reagan and Bush wanted in the first place.
                      If you want to blame gas deregulation, first, you'll have to send every natural gas customer in the US bills for more than twenty billion and explain to them that natural gas prices are now going up 60% and will be locked in at that level to undo the "mistake" of deregulaton. I'm sure that will go over well.

Then please explain how "deregulation" of natural gas purchasing created the mechanism for a "pipeline" company (whose core business is still regulated" to go into all sorts of non-gas ventures (buying utilities, attempting to corner the marker on LM6000 turbines, etc.) by making hidden arms-length transactions with undisclosed offshore affiliates?

Enron never did this stuff before, because the old management never was interested in moving out of their regulated monopoly field of being a pipeline company.

Perhaps we should have had a regulated internet, with service limited to 56k dialup for a nationwide standard price of $45.00 per month? That would have stopped that dot com nonsense.

We already have laws against securities fraud. Deregulation (in any field) has not ever given a waiver to criminal activity, so you're gonna have to try again.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

No. Then what the hell is this GDP growth?
                        A one quarter fluke, which may be "adjusted" a few months from now (as quarterly results often are).

Oh, and BTW, your buddy Keynes long ago explained how deficit spending can "prime the pump" You got half a trillion dollars in new Federal debt to spend your life paying off, Fezzie, so you better damn well hope for something better than one quarter's reported growth.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Depends on the job, don'it? Dotcommers working for the Circle K may not be so understanding.
                          Admit it, you were disgruntled with the system before you took that job.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

A one quarter fluke, which may be "adjusted" a few months from now (as quarterly results often are).
                            Flaky answer at best.

Oh, and BTW, your buddy Keynes long ago explained how deficit spending can "prime the pump" You got half a trillion dollars in new Federal debt to spend your life paying off, Fezzie, so you better damn well hope for something better than one quarter's reported growth.
                            Running a deficit is not a bad thing if it is offsetted by growth, dingbat.

Comment

I must admit I love this debate where conservatives support a keynesian policy, and where pro-Dems support a liberal policy

If it wasn't for the fascism on social issues, I'd be a Republican already
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"dingbat"

Boy, you sure got him with the crushing grip of irreducible reason there, Fez. How can he possibly hope to argue his way out of your logical trap?

Comment

Working...
                                X