That burning ring of fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oerdin

Do you leave near Tecolote Canyon right off of the 52 freeway? For a while they were afraid the fire would go through Scipps and Clairmonte then follow Tecolote Canyon all the way to La Jolla. That would have meant the fire would have burned everything from Ramona (in the mountains) to La Jolla (by the sea). Right now they're saying a total of 130,000 acress have burned and 180 houses are gone.
    No, I am directly south of UCSD, in the mini canyon that Torrey Pines Road goes through. We had a fire in there about 7 years ago. I watched that fire that was at the 52 and 805 from Mt. Soledad last night, apparently it is out now from what I heard.
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

If you live in South Bay then why didn't you go to the San Diego 'poly meet? We had peole drive all the way from Los Vegas and now I find there were people in SD who didn't come.
      Because first I do not have a car and could not borrow one. Second I dont have any money, I am unemployed. And Thrid I dont want to go to Mexico and I dont drink.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
        Where is Terminator?
        He's cooling his heals while the democrat who is the secretary of state validates the election. Because it was so close (only 1.5 million votes seperated the Terminator from the competition) the secretary of state thinks that it may take as long as 45 days (the maximum allowed by law) to validate. Any insinuation of a conspiracy between Davis, the secretary of state and the democrat controlled legislature to use this time to pass a bunch of payoffs to their favorite constituencies and further tie the hands of the Terminator before he takes office is denied by all co-conspirators, and likely absolutely correct as well.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Then again there is virtually no open spaces to burn in LA is there?
          The river hasn't been burned yet, unlike Cleveland's.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack_www

Because first I do not have a car and could not borrow one. Second I dont have any money, I am unemployed. And Thrid I dont want to go to Mexico and I dont drink.
            I should be in southern Cal next month. Maybe we can hook up -- and I'll buy the cokes!

Comment

no problem. But we didn't go to Mexico, and there was no requirement to drink. In fact DMK and her boyfriend did not drink iirc. Not that I would remember- I was drinking

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

He's cooling his heals while the democrat who is the secretary of state validates the election. Because it was so close (only 1.5 million votes seperated the Terminator from the competition) the secretary of state thinks that it may take as long as 45 days (the maximum allowed by law) to validate. Any insinuation of a conspiracy between Davis, the secretary of state and the democrat controlled legislature to use this time to pass a bunch of payoffs to their favorite constituencies and further tie the hands of the Terminator before he takes office is denied by all co-conspirators, and likely absolutely correct as well.
                There is the possiblity that Arnold Swarchenegger is responsible for setting these fires. He may have set them and then fled to Las Vegas for this convenient alibi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

There is the possiblity that Arnold Swarchenegger is responsible for setting these fires. He may have set them and then fled to Las Vegas for this convenient alibi.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
                  To be fair, he was up on the fire lines today, shaking hands with firefighters, telling them that they were doing a good job. It was a great morale booster.

Comment

• According to a report I just heard on the news, the managers of the state and national parks have not been able to conduct forest management or controlled burning for thirty years since the enactment of envirnomental impact reports. Every attempt to manage a forest or to implement a controlled burn has been met by a lawsuit.

Think about that, guys. The wildfires are normal when you do nothing to control them in advance. But, if you ask why we have been doing nothing in advance, the answer is the radical environmentalists.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Fair enough but we didn't go to Mexico. We went out for dinner in Old Towne and then we went to a coffee shop in the Gas Lamp. It was fun maybe you'll be able to go to the next one if we ever have a next one.

EVERYONE: The parasites are desending upon my little hamlet. Dan Rather and a few other "news men" from the national networks have all flown out here and are now broadcasting from in front of my neighbors' burned out houses. I can't help but feel like these dung beattles do nothing useful and just show up to have thier pictures taken in front of the wrecks which are my neighbors' lives.
                      Last edited by Dinner; October 28, 2003, 12:40.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I woke up this morning coughing. The smoke is everyone in our dorm, in the common area, and in my room. I guess today there will be no escape from the smoke, and ash. There's no way to keep it out.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• The sky to the north is turning uniformly yellow. Cars outside are using headlights. And there's nothing to do inside.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I took some picts from my friends digital camera. I'll post them up later today when he gets them on his computer and emails them to me. The sun is the craziest I've seen since the Oakland hills fires.

Comment

• I have a bunch of crazy pictures whic show day time being turned into twilight by the thick smoke and ash. The sucky thing is we normally get a nice off shore breeze which blows away stuff like this but the fire is so large and it is burning in so many places at once that the whole sky has stayed brow-orange for days.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The sucky thing is we normally get a nice off shore breeze which blows away
                                Yea, and blows to Fresno... Thanks.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X