Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's a good place to find used or older computer parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celerons are more or less pentiums that couldn't make the grade, but depending on your needs they can be a good, inexpensive alternative.

Comment

China.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

a dumpster.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Be nice.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

"Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A few months ago I bought a dell GX1 PIII 500MHz for my kids on ebay for $100 (or so) with shipping.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

BTW if you're looking to just upgrade MB, CPU, RAM for a few hundred then go to www.pricewatch.com and look at MB combos.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Lobby around at your local college/university. Sometimes they still have old stuff lying around that you can take with you.

Comment

Good Idea, Zop! same with offices. I've seen offices throw away computers as good as my is.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Zopperoni, that's called stealing in the States.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually, he's on to something. Any medium or large size university has a "Property Disposition" where lots of old stuff is kept and resold for cheap.

The one I went to at U. of Michigan had tons of stuff, from jewelry and power generators to computer systems and components-all for very cheap.

Your next choice would be a mom and pop computer shop, like stated before. It's older, but in most cases has a warranty.
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

For new stuff newegg.com is the way to go. Great prices, fast delivery.

For used.... uh.... maybe a yard sale?
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              eBay. Newegg is good, but I've never seen them sell old or refurbished equipment. Then again, I haven't looked.
                              Newegg does sell refurbished parts. Just click the "Refurbished Parts" tab in the upper right .
                              cIV list: cheats
                              Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                              X