California Grocery Clerks Go on Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to contact Alchoholics Anonymous though
    Last edited by Ted Striker; October 12, 2003, 23:38.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
      Go strikers. The the company wants to save mony cut the big-wigs paychecks, not the workers.

BTW, isn't hiring strike-breakers illegal?
      Strike breakers, yes, scabs, no. There's a difference.

BTW, the UFCW originally announced they would only strike one chain, and continue to work at the other two (this was to be done on some sort of rotating basis depending on how long the strike lasted). Two of the three aren't strikes, they're lockouts.

And $15 an hour on a 30 hour week ain't **** in Southern California.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe

It's true. The grocery union here in St. Louis, MO went on strike last week and they're offering scabs 5 bucks an hour more than the union people week getting.
        Baggers don't get paid near the same as checkers in California - nor do warehouse workers.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Those dumb asses should have known better then to come between me and my vodka.

Any union that doesn't realize the importance of vodka ain't worth backing!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            Isn't $15.00 an hour very low for the cost of living in parts of California??

I don't know, so I'm asking.
            I want answers, damn it.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Look, oh... 3 posts up, Funboy .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

So I missed MTG's answer because he began that post with an answer to Odin.

Oh, and stop getting me all excited with that tongue of yours.

Comment

Oh, and stop getting me all excited with that tongue of yours.

KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Do you have a headache, Drake???

Comment

Do you have a headache, Drake???

Yes. My eyes also hurt from my failed attempt to gouge them out of my skull.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

aawww . . .

poor fella

Comment

Its no joke. My ex-wife works for a grocery chain, and every contract that comes up they try to take more away.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                            Its no joke. My ex-wife works for a grocery chain, and every contract that comes up they try to take more away.
                            And why not? "Grocery store employee" is practically an endangered species.

Who's the company that has been running the ad for the last year where the guy wanders through the empty supermarket, apparently shoplifting, but when he "sneaks out", a receipt prints out by the door and it's all been charged to his credit card or debit card or possibly the chip implanted in his hand by the Illuminati?

That's the future!
                            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Bag boys? What are they?
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Many of the stores even do self check out now where you scan the items and then put them in a beg which is on a scale.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X