The Most Valuable Substance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Valuable Substance?

You too can own a gram of generic carbon nanotubes for $500. It's amazing the kinds of scams that Houstonites can come up with.

The BuckyPlus brand of nanotubes will cost you $900 a gram.

Easy, affordable options for you to obtain the domain you want. Safe and secure shopping.

What is the most valuable substance by mass that is readily available?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Water.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I thought alcohol was more valuable in Texas, than water??
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Ink for Lexmark printers : 7600€ per galon.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Cocaine
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Unless something is done, the earth will run out of fresh water in about 25 years.
            Yeah, I know. I was astounded by the report also.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

But I thought Texans don't need water -- I thought they can hydrate their bodies with just alcoholic beverages.

Comment

I thought coke was a lot less expensive. Perhaps if an Apolyton cokehead could chime in here, we would know.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  I thought coke was a lot less expensive. Perhaps if an Apolyton cokehead could chime in here, we would know.
                  Yeah . . .

where is Zylka when you need his "expert" information?

Comment

My googling suggests that cocaine is about 1/10th as expensive (when bought in kilo quantity).

Comment

Dried snake venom is 800 times more expensive than gold of the same mass.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The bacteriophage viruses that were used in a biology assignment of mine surely had a rather nifty "per kilogram" price tag, since the cost of a few picograms was, IIRC, somewhere between three hundred and four hundred euros.
                        Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Saffron is one of the most expensive substanes there is by weight.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

since the cost of a few picograms was, IIRC, somewhere between three hundred and four hundred euros
                            Yowsers. Who supplied the test material? Would you describe it as "readily available" in quantity?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Yowsers. Who supplied the test material?
                              The nice folks from the University of Helsinki. Apparently they wish to attract us science-oriented Finnish high schoolers to study at their brand new biotechnology research center which recently recieved some massive funding.
                              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X