No announcement yet.

Mumia made Honorary citizenship in Pairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the crack epidemic of the 80's caused crime to sky-rocket. things have calmed down a lot since then what with the crack trade being less prevalent.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
      the crack epidemic of the 80's caused crime to sky-rocket. things have calmed down a lot since then what with the crack trade being less prevalent.
      Do we know the reasons why crack was causing more crimes than other drugs?
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Um....rediculously high addiction rate?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
          Um....rediculously high addiction rate?
          Coupled with being very cheap, made it very easy to get lots of crack. You cannot steal enough to feed a coke or heroin habit unless you're a white collar criminal. To feed a crack habit you only have to give a five dollar blow job or steal a potted plant.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            Actually, that's not really true. The crime rate rose and fell with key demographics, being a large number of unemployed/underemployed young men due to the stagnating economy. Crime only began going down when the economy turned up, and has been going up the last three years as the economy has soured.

Given that all the get tough on crime stuff remained more or less the same from the late 80s to now, and the only thing that changed was the level of un/under-employment and the size of of the key demographic that committs crime (young) men, it's pretty clear crime is driven by the economy.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In the French left, Mumia Abu Jamal became the symbol of the evilness of death penatly: a clack activist whose consecutive jusgments were farces, and whose enemies were evil corrupt fascistic cops. Yum.

Paris' new mayor is very much a "new left" guy, i.e well off people caring for non-material issues such as environment, death penalty etc. That he made Mumia a honor citizen in his city really corresponds the profile of his voters, and the profile of quite a good share of Paris' population.

However, it has no impact on Mumia's nationality. The mayor of Paris has no power to grant the French nationalty to anybody. This is a business of the State, and no other institution
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
              X