No announcement yet.

Which Fast Food Place is the Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever tried Quizno's? I like them much better then subway.

Bah, Subway is far superior than Quiznos, which I've tried a few times and never liked. Much more choice with Subway. I also love Jersey Mike's as well .

I don't count Subway as a fast-food restaurant, in so far as Subway offers much more healthy, nutritious food than the usual fast-food restaurants.

Of course you are going to dislike fast food if you consider the term to mean 'unhealthy' good! Fast food is a restaurant that you don't get waited on. You order the food at a counter, pay first, and then they give it to you.

Subway qualifies, but it could be called 'casual-fast food' as some are calling it.

White Hassles are nasty.

100% agreed.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Subway is filfthy: Well, at least you get to see (some of) their preparation area then. Ever thought of what goes on beyond that corner, or behind that wall, etc. in McDonalds?
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Blasphemers! White Castles are the only true burger! Those who think otherwise will burn in the unholy fires of hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi
          Belgium's 'Quick'
          Apart from Mcdonalds, I do know Quick (well duh, i live in the godforsaken place) and imo they're a bit identical to Mcdo; I mean the concept is entirely the same: burgers+burger+more burger, ugly restaurants, takeaway... No idea about the taste or quality though
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
            Re: Subway is filfthy: Well, at least you get to see (some of) their preparation area then. Ever thought of what goes on beyond that corner, or behind that wall, etc. in McDonalds?
            Ever thought that maybe the few Subways you have been to are not necessarily representative of the condition of other Subway franchises?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Schlotsky's (sp?) is good.
              And you call yourself a Texan?!?!?!?!?

What about Whataburger?!?!?!?!?

You fake.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've only been to McD and BK. KFC and Subway as well. Well maybe some others too but I don't remembedr. The chicken burger at McD is quite good. I don't really like chips though.

I vote Subway
                CSPA

Comment

because i never get anything other than dollar menu in fast foods (except when i goto bk's i might get a whopper)... I vote for the place that has the BEST dollar menu.

Taco bell and Wendy's. McDonald is now on bottom tier cause they got rid of big n' tastys.
                  :-p

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                    A good British Fish'n'Chip shop beats the pants off anything on that list.

I'd take that over any American fast food joint, although i have to say, the ones I've been to in the US are far far better than the ones we have here. Even MaccyDs and BK seem different (better) over there.

Originally posted by ixnay
                    I would define fast-food more as a restaurant where you aren't served by a waiter more than the healthiness of the food they serve.

Therefore, Subway is fast food.
                    I know loads of restaurants that are like that that would not be classed as 'fast food'. I think over here the meaning is different. For instance, a sandwich bar would be refered to as a deli or a bakers, but they would baulk at being labelled with in with other 'fast food'. Indeed, i know mnay actual restaurants that you do not get waiter service at (including my two fav, Aroma and Bollywood, that are cheap, all you can eat and great food ).

I haven't seen a Subway over here, although I liked the ones I went to in the US. As the only sandwich bar on there, it has to be my vote, however I know at least 4 within 5 miles of where I live that are better (one that happens to have the advantage of being where my girlfriend works )
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

"El Pollo Loco"?!

Who's the guy who started a restaurant called "Crazy chicken"??
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Dairy Queen!

they have the best soft serve hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                          "El Pollo Loco"?!

Who's the guy who started a restaurant called "Crazy chicken"??
                          El Pollo Loco was started in MtG town (Tiajuana) and is the only Mexican owned fast food place that's spread out into the US. There's lots of Mexican style fast food places but nearly all of them are American owned.

BTW EPL is pretty good. I like their Pollo bowl but it's not something I'd eat very often.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Actually, they just had an independant study done on this, and Chik-Fil-A came out on top, but that isn't a choice on this poll...i'll look for the link..
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Fudruckers!!11!!
                              cIV list: cheats
                              Now watch this drive!

Comment

If you want a decent sandwich got to a delicatessen- in London I used to go to the Tachbrook Street Italian delicatessen near Victoria Station- freshly baked ciabatta, with grilled aubergine slices, pesto, and buffalo mozzarella. Or their freshly baked pizza slices, vegetarian or with pancetta- worth walking there in the pouring rain to have one of those for lunch.

Or the Jewish delis dotted around London, from Whitechapel to Golders Green and St. John’s Wood- thick pieces of rye bread with salt beef and horseradish.

In Melbourne I go to Zampelli’s Watergrill on Toorak Road- delicious chips, with freshly cooked fish- the difference between Aussie fish and chip shops and British ones, is that you pick the piece of fish you want, and they batter and fry it in front of you here. And they also cook sweet potato fritters, pumpkin cakes, scallops, calamari, dim sims (Aussie won tons)...

Or the Viet Namese bakery, N. Tran’s, on Chapel Street- their brochettes with salad and char siu are scrumptious.

And yes, if you’re interested in good food, you don’t bother with fast food joints. And yes, I’ve tried plenty, thanks.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X