No announcement yet.

Newsflash: CNN declares Arnold new CA Gov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who wanted to recall Davis turned out. Those who were indifferent or opposed stayed home. Look at Democrat-dominated LA County. It's turnout was only 49%.

I suspect a breakdown of turnout by party would show a very low turnout by Democrats.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      People who wanted to recall Davis turned out. Those who were indifferent or opposed stayed home. Look at Democrat-dominated LA County. It's turnout was only 49%.

I suspect a breakdown of turnout by party would show a very low turnout by Democrats.
      I think you are right. LA county low turn out drag down the average a lot state wide.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Somehow, this shows just how stupid this portion of the constitution is. Jefferson clearly was one of our greatest leaders and greatest presidents.
        Not stupid at all. Regardless of where Jefferson was born, the provision wouldn't apply to him as he was born before 1787 and the Constitution itself prohibits ex post facto laws.

Given the desire of "old Europe" to manipulate the US and coopt it's foreign policy, and the cross-national loyalties of various monarchs (like the Hannoverian King Georges), mistrust of foreign born "gentlemen" was only natural for the time.

And Kissinger was always viewed as a weasel by Democrats - just a reasonable smart and effective weasel.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• ... and if there's one thing history teaches us, it's to newer elect an austrian immigrant as leader of your country!

Comment

• MtG, so what. Nixon was trying to find a Republican the Dems in congress would vote for without too much fuss. Kissinger was very popular at the time - probably the single-most popular politician in America.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
            X