Canadian Politics: Tories getting thumped in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Politics: Tories getting thumped in Ontario

Hee Hee Hee.... the end of the Harris/Eves junta!!!!

Well I guess that's what you get for policies that kill constituents.
    Only feebs vote.

McGuinty Forever!!!

Well, it seemed like the PC's were essentially giving up about a week ago, so hopefully the Libs just ram it home as hard as is needed.

Of course, this doesn't have much bearing on me, all the way over in the Good Part of Canada, but... it's always nice to see a Ernie Eves get put in his place.
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Yeah - perhaps the City of Toronto will actually get the money it needs.

Despite being the economic hub of the province we got stiffed by the supposedly pro-economy Tories.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yep, yep.

Although, on the other hand, now you've got to deal with an Evil Reptilian Kitten-Eater From Another Planet as Premier...

Eh, either way, it's still a step up from Eves.
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

It's really turning into a rout: the Liberals are projected to get 68 seats and the Tories about 26 or so.

The NDP (or pathetic wannabe commies) are down one to 8 (17% of the vote though).
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I voted NDP. My best friend voted Green. Meh.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

It's a shame Ontario doesn't have brilliant economic politicians like Klein.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                It's really turning into a rout: the Liberals are projected to get 68 seats and the Tories about 26 or so.

The NDP (or pathetic wannabe commies) are down one to 8 (17% of the vote though).
                That's nothing, you should see how many seats the Liberals have in Alberta's parliament. Or even better, NDP.

The best thing is it's been like that for about 50 years now.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Klein's a lucky idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    It's a shame Ontario doesn't have brilliant economic politicians like Klein.
                    What have you been smoking? Harris and Eves attempted to cut taxes willy-nilly. Unfortunately for them people aren't so stupid as to realise that this means cuts to services.

Klein would never get elected here.

Anyway, the Liberals are going to be the government of Canada and Ontario for the foreseeable future since they are the only electable party.

Sad useless Tories.... bwhahahahaha!
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

That's nothing, you should see how many seats the Liberals have in Alberta's parliament. Or even better, NDP.

The best thing is it's been like that for about 50 years now.
                      But Alberta doesn't count in Canadian politics. It's Ontario and Quebec. Everyone else is of marginal importance.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

But Alberta doesn't count in Canadian politics. It's Ontario and Quebec. Everyone else is of marginal importance.
                        Unless you're in the business world.

Remember, Alberta has the fastest growing GDP and population by far, and Calgary is only 2nd to Toronto to # of corporate HQs, and closing that gap rapidly, despite having 1/3 of the population.

What have you been smoking? Harris and Eves attempted to cut taxes willy-nilly. Unfortunately for them people aren't so stupid as to realise that this means cuts to services.
                        What are you talking about? There's more to it than cutting taxes willy-nilly.

Comment

Unless you're in the business world.

Remember, Alberta has the fastest growing GDP and population by far, and Calgary is only 2nd to Toronto to # of corporate HQs, and closing that gap rapidly, despite having 1/3 of the population.
                          It doesn't matter in a democracy. Alberta is always going to be a marginal province because Quebec and Ontario simply have too many people. The fact of Canadian Federal politics now and for the foreseeable future is that the Liberals win.

What are you talking about? There's more to it than cutting taxes willy-nilly.
                          Someone should have told the Ontario Tories that.

Look, Klein is a good politician, but an ape could stand for the Tories in Alberta and still get elected.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

It doesn't matter in a democracy.
                            Since when was Canada democracy?

Look, Klein is a good politician, but an ape could stand for the Tories in Alberta and still get elected.
                            Stockwell Day couldn't get reelected.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher Stockwell Day couldn't get reelected.
                              Any non-aquatic ape could get reelected.

/me ducks the rotten tomatoes thrown by anthropologists.

Comment

Working...
                              X