Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between the Democrats and Republicans? (if there is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
    But then they wouldn't be trolls, would they?
    Yes -- you can troll all three political jokes in one shot, I'm sure.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Troll jokes are more funny when they poke fun at all the political parties, instead of singling just one of the parties out for ridicule.
      I was looking for some, but the only jokes that included all 3 parties had Democrats as the punch line. Not intentional, I was just working with what was available to me via a google search.

That last one I wrote myself and I think it does a good job of poking fun at all 3.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Giant_Squid
        "The difference between a Republican and a Democrat can best be shown by an analogy. Let's say your car had broken down by the side of the road. The Democrat would be the person who pulls over as soon as he sees your problem, apologizes he didn't get there to help you sooner, and immediately starts fiddling around in your engine. After a half hour, he sheepishly admits he has no idea how a car works and has probably messed it up worse, but didn't feel right leaving you there on the roadside. On the other hand, a Republican would know exactly how to fix your car, but wouldn't pull over because he didn't want to be late for the Golf Tournament For Rich White People Wearing Hideous Clothing" - Dave Barry, as best I can remember it
        The actual quotation:

"The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club."
        - Dave Barry

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
          The actual quotation:
          It not all that far off from RL.

But rah has the best ones.

Comment

Working...
          X