Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between the Democrats and Republicans? (if there is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between the Democrats and Republicans? (if there is)

What makes the democrats and republicans different?
    And in what ways are they the same?

one side hates democrats, the other side hates republicans.

Comment

Hmmm... the second good post from yavoon this week
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But, which is which?

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

One will get in bed with big business and cut essential services. The other will just get in bed with big business.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

One will tax and spend and the other will just spend.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

One side is better looking
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The Democrats pretend they aren't corporate whores.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Democrats spend more and keep taxes the same, Republicans tax less and spend the same.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Dems tax and spend, Repubs borrow and spend.

Dems say, "vote for me, and I'll help you." If elected, they screw you over.

Republicans say, "vote for me, and I'll screw you over." If elected, they screw you over.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                      Democrats spend more and keep taxes the same, Republicans tax less and spend the same.
                      Um . . . don't Republicans tend to spend more in just different ways?

For instance, IIRC, Republicans want to increase spending in the military, while Democrats want to increase spending in another area.

Or am I mistaken?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I think I've offered this opinion before, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone else here :

1) Republicans take money from corporations, then do their evil bidding. Democrats take money from corporations, then do their evil bidding; but, they also take money from labor unions and trial lawyers, then do their evil bidding. In terms of US politics, this makes the Democrats "liberal."

2) Republicans run for election offering a traditional conservative agenda that they promptly ignore once in office (for explanation, see #1). Democrats run for election on a traditional liberal platform that they proptly ignore one in office (for explanation, see #1).

3) Democrat scandals tend to involve the abuse of money, alcohol, drugs, and or sexual partners. Republican scandals tend to involve the abuse of the Constitution of the United States (note that this is not what they do, just what they get caught doing).

4) Democrat politicians of a certain generation tend to be former anti-war types who weaseled out of service in Vietnam. Republican politicians of a certain generation tend to be pro-war types who weaseled out of service in Vietnam.

5) Coke supports the Democrats, Pepsi support the Republicans.

That's about it.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

5) Coke supports the Democrats, Pepsi support the Republicans.

/me points and laughs at Mr.Fun
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Coke ownz Pepsi therefore Bush sucks.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Republicans eat babies, Democrats don't

Comment

Working...
                              X