The best track off Nirvana's "Nevermind"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best track off Nirvana's "Nevermind"

I've been on a Nevermind kick lately, and one thing that's struck me is that it's pretty consistently good - it's kind of hard for me to pick a single track above all the others. I mean, there are about 10 possibilities out of the 12 "proper" tracks (not counting Endless, Nameless) - all except Stay Away and Something In The Way that I'm not too fond of. So, what better than start a poll about it?

In the end, I'd have to say... "Breed". It's just got that something. Grohl's ferocious drum pounding, most likely. Of course, like almost all of my music opinion, there's a possibility it'll change on a moment's notice. But anyhow.
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    18.42%
    In Bloom
    10.53%
    Come As You Are
    5.26%
    Breed
    10.53%
    Lithium
    26.32%
    Polly
    0.00%
    Territorial Pissings
    0.00%
    Drain You
    2.63%
    Lounge Act
    2.63%
    Stay Away
    2.63%
    On A Plain
    2.63%
    Something In The Way
    5.26%
    It all sucks
    5.26%
    A banana, an albino, a mosquito, my libido
    7.89%
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Come As You Are gets my vote, but you're right - it's a very consistent album.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

In Bloom

But they are all good.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

It's obviously In Bloom.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In Bloom would have been perhaps my second choice.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The whole album is consistently great, as you said, but In Bloom is better than great. If God had spent his time writing music instead of that boring autobiography, this is the song he would've produced.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Stay Away, but only because I was forced to choose one. This is one of the greatest albums ever made.

Comment

If God had spent his time writing music instead of that boring autobiography, this is the song he would've produced

urgh.NSFW

Comment

breed
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Lithium
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Breed or Lithium would be my second choices.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Lithium is my number two.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm just gonna have to put this album on when I got home now.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I already listened to it twice...

BTW, I've found that the quality of Breed is quite dependent upon the volume you choose to play it at.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

As an aside what are people's favourite ever Nirvana track? I think mine is Sliver.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X