No announcement yet.

MrFun needs car advice . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oerdin - quite true that most Honda sold here are made in the USA. I didn't buy it because it's Japanese. I bought it because the company - Honda - has a track record of making excellent cars, and because I liked the looks & features, and could afford it.

MASTURBATION TIME!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad to know a CD changer can get you horny, Funman. Really, I wanted to know that.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Glad to know a CD changer can get you horny, Funman. Really, I wanted to know that.

-Arrian

It you take a joke seriously, it takes the humor out of it.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

It's just the European and Japanese name for the 626.
        I dont think so. The cars I looked at on the dutch webpages were quite different from the typical roundish 626 we have here.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Mazda 626 Xerxes
          Attached Files
          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Oh, sweet irony!
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Oh, sweet irony!

Comment

It looks like a last generation 626 with a hatch back instead of a trunk. I'd bet that's exactly what it is.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

MrFun - get a jeep.

IMO only gay men and hot chicks should drive jeeps, thus, you qualify!!!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

it's the second last generation 626 with a hatch. only with a 2.5 V6 instead of a regular 1.8 or 2.0.
                    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      MrFun - get a jeep.

IMO only gay men and hot chicks should drive jeeps, thus, you qualify!!!
                      Actually in the American version of Queer as Folk, one of the main characters (Brian) drives a jeep.

Comment

Ok guys . . .

I did some research, and I found four cars that I might consider:

2000 Nissan Altima, GXE Sedan -- rough estimate given: $10,500

2000 Saturn L-Series, LS1 Sedan -- rough estimate given: $8,700

2000 Ford Contour, SE Sport Sedan -- rough estimate given: $6,800

2000 Subaru Legacy, L AWD Sedan -- rough estimate given: $12,300

So ok -- I might have to splurge by getting a loan of as much as $13,000.

But what do some Apolytoners think of these four choices? I got editorial and customer reviews for each of them too. A mixture of pros and cons for each one, basically that I need to consider.

But I want to hear from some of you guys, too.

Comment

The contour is a great car to drive. Very european feel. 'Lots' of guys like em in rallys but usually the 200hp svt model.

cons - ford built to breakdown

Altima- 155 hp a little low. I know my mechanic thinks they're not too good.

Saturn- reliable cheap - uninspired

subaru- pricey but may be worth it, good driving, high resale cos people tend to hang onto them. If I lived up north a subaru would be a serious possibility.

Buy a honda accord even one with 100000 miles. If its well maintained it'll go another 100000 easy.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                            The contour is a great car to drive. Very european feel. 'Lots' of guys like em in rallys but usually the 200hp svt model.

cons - ford built to breakdown

Altima- 155 hp a little low. I know my mechanic thinks they're not too good.

Saturn- reliable cheap - uninspired

subaru- pricey but may be worth it, good driving, high resale cos people tend to hang onto them. If I lived up north a subaru would be a serious possibility.

Buy a honda accord even one with 100000 miles. If its well maintained it'll go another 100000 easy.
                            Ok, but there was one customer review that was VERY negative towards the Saturn line. So I'm a little weary.

As for the Honda Accord -- I can't remember what price range I can expect by buying a used one. But since you mentioned that line, I will look that one up soon.

Comment

I want opinions on the four cars I researched on . . .

I will beat it out of you guys, I swear -- or just make you chug one can of Pepsi after another!!

Comment

Why do you have to resort to such torture .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X