No announcement yet.

What's your Favorite Pasta Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's mushrooms (funghi porcini) and where's arrabiata?
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Wine

Penne: I like Arrabbiata
      My favorite! Che pazzo potrebbe mangiare Penne con altro sugo!?
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

bow down

You all need to bow down to us chinese. Without us, there would be no pasta.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Oil based and tomato based....

I like Alfredo Sauce, it's just a cream sauce... Now you gotta have cream sauces in Italy...
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Ok, next question. If you put tomatoes in your sauce then which type of tomatoes do you like to use? It seems like the store bought ones have skins which are to hard and lack any flavor, but, if you go to a farmers market there are dozens of varieties to choose from.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Good ol' Beefstake or Champion tomatos in sauces.

Smaller, sweeter tomatos can through of your spices. Besides smaller romas and cherry tomatos are better eaten raw.

Also, I always blanch, shock, and peel my tomatos before turning into a puree so the peels don't really mater.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I make a mean chantarelle mushroom sauce.

Comment

You can always peel the tomatos. Put them in some hot water for a minute and the skin will come off easily.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

They come off even easier if you shock (throw em an ice bath) them after you boil them for a quick sec... they will practicly unpeel themselves.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Alfredo tastes good
                      please

most people really don't care if it's Italian or not
                      the fact is that Alfredo is NOT an italian sauce, but a disgusting, hypercaloric sauce that kills off every possible attempt of a good image of the country that it's associated with- some people don't like the US because of hotdogs, although almost noone knows that they are a german specialty

I know you might find it shocking that someone would want to eat pasta with a different sauce then you are used to but I assure you it is true
                      I know that, but it's very annoying watching people buy Sicillya salad dressings made up with yogurt, tunafish and paprika, Nappolli pasta produced in Chile, canadian Parma ham and (god knows where is it produced) Parmesan Rejano cheese powder mixed with cellulose fibers and probably dog's barf as well
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Tomatoes

The best tomatoes for making sauces are the San Marzano plum tomatoes. Most farmers markets in CA (North and South) will have someone who grows them. However, you better hurry, the season is starting to end.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: bow down

Originally posted by pchang
                          You all need to bow down to us chinese. Without us, there would be no pasta.
                          Actually that would just be Spaghetti (and Spaghettini) ... se let's all bow down to our Chinese masters for this:

Anyway since there are other a hundred different kinds of pasta (other than Spaghetti) we still did most of the job

My favorite! Che pazzo potrebbe mangiare Penne con altro sugo!?
                          I'm too one of those people who believe that Penne are made just and only for Arrabbiata.. lol I guess I'll extend to you the invitation I did to Molly Bloom... if you are ever going near Turin just tell me and I'll show you all the best restaurants around here

Saluti
                          "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                          The trick is the doing something else."
                          — Leonardo da Vinci
                          "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                          "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                            Sapristi! I mentioned both....

Mmmm... linguine with pipis, mussels and capers

Ravioli stuffed with porcini and crushed chestnuts...

The Romans ate pasta- they ate dishes made with the tiny star shaped pasta- and its entirely possible for two distinct civilizations to come up with the same kind of food- after all, they also had a fish sauce made from fermented/rotted seafood, similar to Vietnamese fish sauce.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                            X