X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
    Dan:

I live in Massachusetts but I go to school in Pennsylvania. The day of the blackout, I was actually driving from the former to the latter to begin RA training

Which do you want me to use
    Hi 'The Emperor Fabulous'.

Fair question. I take it you are referring to what to indicate for question #3, re: geographical location? Please indicate Massachusetts for it.

--
    Dan
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dan, An interesting topic to analyze. Wouldn't data on the reaction of those not in the affected area also be relevant? Contrasting the views, particularly in questions 13-19, should provide useful data on how the crisis affected perception. In addition, a question about which media outlet the non affected people watched should shed some light on how these perceptions were formed. A similar question to the affected people about how their perceptions changed once they became aware of the magnitude of the failure and how they heard of it could provide useful data.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Done
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

DanQ - what is the difference really between university and college? It might mean something different in canada than in the u.s.?
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
              DanQ - what is the difference really between university and college? It might mean something different in canada than in the u.s.?
              A college in Canada is a community college that hands out diplomas usually.
              A university hands out degrees.

The heirarchy is usually technical school < college < university.

Universities also tend to do research and graduate work, while colleges do not.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Interesting. What's the difference between a diploma and a degree? I've always thought of them as the same thing.
                Drake Tungsten
                Albert Speer

Comment

Diplomas are 2-year courses, typically. They teach lots of technical and hands-on stuff.

Degrees are 4-year courses for a Bachelor's usually. They focus more on high-levels (problem-solving, thinking, etc), with a lowered emphasis on the technicals.

In the computer science world, people with diplomas are hired as "codemonkeys" usually -- they've been trained in how to program well, but that's about it. People with a degree in CS not only program well, but have been exposed to math to have more efficient algorithms, management theory, software engineering principles, etc. The degree people move up the chain in the companies far faster because of it, they have a more well-rounded and higher-level education.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Cool. But I'm not really worried about moving up corporate ladders...

I'm such an art-schlub!
                    Drake Tungsten
                    Albert Speer

Comment

I'm not sure if it matters much for the arts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        We Southerners know how to keep the lights on, Sloww, so they don't need our opinion.
                        That's because you don't need to plug candles in.
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          We Southerners know how to keep the lights on, Sloww, so they don't need our opinion.
                          Actually it has more to do with us not being sure if you guys are wired to a grid at all, and instead are running the ol' moonshine-powered generator back by the outhouse.

Assuming you even have them new-fangled 'lektrick thangs.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Done.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                              That's because you don't need to plug candles in.
                              Sssh. You're not supposed to tell them that.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

How are you going to handle the fact that the sample has a unknown bias?

Comment

Working...
                                X