No announcement yet.

Google News does a VERY insensitive thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrorism has lost its meaning since bush tried to give it one.

Comment

It's a free press.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

"Google just did what you asked and showed hits."
        No, it showed it on the "google news" website.

Didn't know it was a computer algorithm though. That's a relief, thought someone actually put it up there purposely.
        Provost, terrorism does have a meaning. Look it up, it doesn't matter whether you approve of it or not-but it certainly does have one. Paitkis, Bush certainly didn't give it a meaning.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

The meaning of a word is based on what the majority of people believe it to be. Just because someone put an "offical" meaning in writing in a dictionary doesn't necessarily mean that is the correct definition. It generally is, but not always.

( IW! )
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Provost, terrorism does have a meaning. Look it up,

Well if you're going to resort to semantics then how can you claim that they shouldn't be described as "martyrdom attacks"?

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

mar·tyr
            n.
            One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
            One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

no satisfying some people who are all ready to get in a huff.

just because some news sources report news with a different --and sometimes wrong-- spin, i suppose it's all right to ignore them, nee?

it's an alogrithm. virtually nothing you can actually use at the google site uses any human interaction whatsoever outside of that google questions thing. froogle, news.google, google bar, i'm feeling lucky, all of that--automatic.

but, whatever.
              B♭3

Comment

The Algorithm is insensitive to your petty human concerns.

Anyway, people who think martydom is a good thing tend to glorify death. To me, that reads 'personality-flaw'.
                Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

It's a personality flaw that's just been cured.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Look on the bright side. At least the Martyrdom genes aren't getting propagated. If you believe in genes. Which I don't.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

You don't believe in genes?

OK, if you're going to be like that I'm not going to believe in gravity.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

I never said you had to believe in gravity.

Comment

and i'm not going to believe in you.
                          B♭3

Comment

Cool because we can prove genes exist. OK it's a bit harder than proving gravity exists, but we can still do it. So not believing in them so it's just as ridiculous a thing not to believe in.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
                              Look on the bright side. At least the Martyrdom genes aren't getting propagated. If you believe in genes. Which I don't.
                              And I don't believe in oxygen.

Comment

Now you're just confusing me.

I was just kidding about genes.

Comment

Working...
                                X