• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    You people have no respect for her...
    She was a self-righteous piece of ****.
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
      Haven't seen it but was it really that special?
      I've seen some photographs she took I think, they looked made for the playgirl.
      For they time it was made, it was technically and esthetically (sp?) breathtaking in many aspects. However, it had also very long, very booooooring scenes, eg where you see just marching soldiers, civilians, men, women etc for ca. half an hour.

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
        We never found out though if she had sex with Adolf!?

So long...
        never! and I wouldn´t be too surprised if it would turn out that Hitler never had sex at all.
        at least we know that Goebbels was keen on Leni but she always gave him the brush off.
        justice is might

Comment

They should be a soap about those funny Nazi celebrities.
          Blah

Comment

What have you all been smoking that makes you think she was an arrogant Nazi, and whatnot?
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nobody said she was whatnot.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I didn´t say she was a Nazi, but she was certainly arrogant when it came to her role in Nazi Germany. Thing is, she never reflected honestly about that, just kept her "I knew nothing, I was oh so innocent, pure artist"-attitude until her death.
                Blah

Comment

I rest my case.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Of course, afterwards nobody knows anything.

Comment

101? That Nazi lived a long time.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Lehrer

Nazi, Schmazi, says Werner Von Braun

Just partial lyrics to a very funny song
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                          They should be a soap about those funny Nazi celebrities.
                          At the Berlin Film Festival (I think it was 1999), I saw a very good German/Spanish production that did exactly that. Pretty damn funny, although like most films in such festivals it never really reaches wide audiences. Funniest was Goebbels who always tried to have sex but could never make it and the arian blonde that was homosexual.

So long...
                          Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                          Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                          Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

some of the photographs she took (if indeed they were hers) seemed like they were made for gays.

they also seemed like she wanted to copy greek sculpture aesthetics but it didnt seem quite right... too barbaric, too fixed on power and not on beauty. cheap copies and rather silly

Comment

What have you all been smoking that makes you think she was an arrogant Nazi, and whatnot?
                              You've seen her propaganda films, right?
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

She was a Nazi propaganda artist so why shouldn't we view her as a Nazi?
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X