Leni Riefenstahl is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leni Riefenstahl is dead

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Burn, b*tch.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hope the worms find her tasty.

Comment

They had a clip on NPR this morning where she says that Triumph of the Will shouldn't be considered propaganda by rather "art".
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

This must be the year of dead famous/ semi-famous people....
          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

TotW was niether propaganda nor art. It was crap.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Personally, I thought it was rather effective propaganda and art. Art in the support of facism is still art.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Whatever the motivation, her films were works of genius.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Good news.
                  Blah

Comment

We never found out though if she had sex with Adolf!?

So long...
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I agree with Che on TotW. Although "boring" might be more accurate than "crap," actually.
                      All syllogisms have three parts.
                      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I don't know...

ToTW is great historical document for showing people just what facism is about, the subjection of the individual to the mob. It is now probably the most effective anti-Nazi propaganda film in existence. It's certainly better than the rash of mawkish Hollywood holocaust films.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

You people have no respect for her...
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Haven't seen it but was it really that special?
                            I've seen some photographs she took I think, they looked made for the playgirl.

Comment

It's a shame there is no hell.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X