Anti-War U.S. Marine Sentenced to Six Months in Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more stuff. maybe some good info there
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Ramo. You're thinking with a civilian mind.
      You can't help that.
      Yes, excuse my civilian mind if I don't understand that when a big corporation reneges on a contract out of greed, it only has to pay some monetary damages, but when a soldier reneges on a contract out of ethical considerations, he gets thrown in prison. It's an interesting society that he's supposed to protect.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Thanks Sprayber.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ramo, Ramo.
          A doctor can't pick his patients in the emergency room, and a soldier can't pick when he'll do his duty.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The hospital in which the doctor works gets sued and has to pay money if he refuses a patient, he doesn't get thrown in prison.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

When you sign up you agree to go by their rules. A part of that is accepting the USCMJ. If you can't agree to those terms, then don't join. It's really that simple. You can argue all day about if it's right or wrong, but no one forced them into signing.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Being legal makes it no less unjust.
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                  Being legal makes it no less unjust.

The unjust part is that the other *******s got off as easy as they did.

Comment

If one knows the rules, how can it be called unjust?

I'll ask something else, that's only been alluded to, if you want to get into more unjust.
                    His professed Gaydom.
                    Not that there's anything wrong with that; but how will that be accepted ?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What if there were real school vouchers, to avoid this kind of things to happen ? Sure, it won't happen. If people could study in the US without either starving their whole family or joining the military, the reservists would lose half their manpower...
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He got what he deserve. He could have reported and then told them that he was gay, dumb and dumber, and they just might have not sent him to Iraq. Remember the story, the other reported and that is why they were not court martial. The other 27 will be kickout of the Marine Corp.

Comment

And the deserting soldier is also working for a special branch of the government. Screw civil penalties, this ain't your ordinary contract. A government has an interest in deterring people from reneging on their promises after taking all these benefits from their end, and of course has the power to put these morons in jail .

He should have gotten greater (the benefits he recieved probably overweighed, by far, the 6 months).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            "I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." (So help me God. optional)

Nothing in the enlisted oath gives you the option to pick and choose which wars or orders you think are acceptable and which aren't. And this miserable excuse was a REMF.
                            Does the UCMJ say that an unlawful order can be legally disobeyed?
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

Yes.

However, there were no unlawful orders at question. The fact that invading Iraq to get rid of Hussein displeases Lima Deltas around the world does not make it unlawful.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Christ, he was a cargo monkey. What in the hell was he afraid of? Tennis elbow from operating a forklift all day? It's not like he was leading the way into Baghdad. Just suck it up and stop rocking the boat...
                                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                                X